On Hold Ibishu Blackfoot ('84-'96 Jeep Cherokee) 1.1

An acceptable equivalent of a box-on-wheels

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

I've finished modelling the outside of the bonnet (hood) after a bit of guess work and mishaps with the top blueprint, but it's all good.
    I'm about to try adding the model into the game to see if it works (and I've never tried that before :p)

Attached Files:

• bonnetrender.png
    • Screenshot_6.png
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

I'm very close to being able to see it in-game after some confusion with the JBeam exporter, but I managed to get it all working. All it needs to show is a material.
    --- Post updated ---
    And there we have it! Although it's not worked to well since I used the mirror modifier, meaning that only half of the mesh is there, but that's easily fixable.
    I'm not sure why the mesh falls apart when physics are unpaused though, although I think it has something to do with the rigidity of the JBeam.
    None of it breaks though, and it stays all as one floppy piece when dragged around.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_7.png
    • Screenshot_8.png
    • Like Like x 4
  4. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I have an idea. How about keeping it as an Ibishu and making a gavril badge-engineered version? Like that one mod..... Uh...can't think of the name.

5. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Jeep is American, Ibishu is Japanese, so can we have it an American brand? I know the Ibishu Hooper was based on the Mitsubishi Jeep.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I agree with @Sithhy™, I really hope this doesn't end up dying. You've earned my interest. And yes, a pickup variant would be nice.

You must be thinking about the Gavril Hopper.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Also

8. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

The original idea was to brand it as an Ibishu to fit in with the Hopper, and this works seeing as it'll be sharing many altered versions of its parts underneath and inside. The Ibishu Dove and (well I've never seen this one before, but) Gavril Hopper are both JDM to USDM (or the other way around) conversions, and so I'm not entirely sure what I would do about making it a Gavril.
    Besides, the XJ was never offered with a V8 like virtually all Gavril models are offered with. Although if I did do this it may be an option.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well I've fixed the mirror and shell modifiers, but it still flops and the JBeam (which I know is far to complicated at the moment, but it works) is below the mesh and I'm not quite sure why.
    Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_9.png
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

No Gavril pls

There are too many Gavril's. Why can't it be like Bruckell or some other imaginary American brand?
    --- Post updated ---
    Select the hood, press Ctrl + A & apply Rotation, Location & Scale. Should fix it... But before that, move the hood where it should be on the blueprint

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

make an amc ripoff that was engeneered with help from ibishu

11. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, that did indeed work!
    Now I need to work out this Beam strength thing to stop this hood from being floppy. Although I'll do that tomorrow (or today? because it's like 00:26 :p)

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_10.png
    • Like Like x 5
  12. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

If want I can help out with the jbeam.

13. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

AMC ripoff? Let's call it BNG (BeamNG) just for schitts & giggles :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

AMC actually was going to produce the xj and was the last car they owned the rights to after the eagle died

• Like Like x 1
  15. ford is awsome

ford is awsome
    Expand Collapse

holy shit this is amazing we need more 4x4s in game and more jeeps i love the xj's and i would have one in reality if i didn't already have a yj and a 75 f250 i can't afford already

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

No, Beamng isnt a low-level Android game.

#36 Ytrewq, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

If you could that would be great, thanks! :D
    AMC (American Motors) originally designed the entire car, using CAD towards the end of the design process on other cars, not just the XJ. Chrysler was impressed with their design and buisness strategies , so they bought out AMC in 1987. They saw potential in the XJ, and they were absolutely correct.
    Even though Chrysler bought out AMC in 1987, they AMC 242cid or 4.0 litre inline-6 engine was designed by AMC themselves in just over 2 years (being introduced for MY1987), being a better, more torquey, more powerful and more reliable replacement for the 2.8-litre V6 that the XJs originally came with since 1983. It was designed to compete better with the likes of the Chevrolet S-10 Blazer of the time.
    It was basically AMC's own 150cid or 2.5 litre inline-4 with two extra cylinders, which made the design quite inexpensive and helped them make the engine so quickly.
    Chrysler kept producing this engine until the end, with minor changes over the original design (different intakes, iginition, ECU etc) which shows you how muhc potential it had.
    The Hopper's 4.0 is very similar to the AMC engine, having 164hp and 215lb/ft of torque which I might up a bit to better fit the actual Cherokee, which had at least 175hp and 225lb/ft. 1991 saw 190hp with the same torque, so I might have an uprated one to match this also.
    --- Post updated ---
    The hood has been UV mapped and textured with a material, so I've learnt how to do that. However it's not paintable as yet, and I'm not entirely sure how to do that.
    It's still floppy, but I have an idea that it might be to do with the fact that it doesn't have any collision triangles. I might be wrong, b̵u̵t̵ ̵I̵'̵m̵ ̵s̵t̵i̵l̵l̵ ̵n̵o̵t̵ ̵s̵u̵r̵e̵ ̵h̵o̵w̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵d̵o̵ ̵t̵h̵o̵s̵e̵ ̵e̵i̵t̵h̵e̵r̵ ̵a̵s̵ ̵I̵'̵m̵ ̵n̵o̵t̵ ̵s̵u̵r̵e̵ ̵w̵h̵i̵c̵h̵ ̵n̵o̵d̵e̵s̵ ̵a̵r̵e̵ ̵w̵h̵i̵c̵h̵ ̵v̵i̵s̵u̵a̵l̵l̵y̵ Nevermind, found it in the Debug menu.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_11.png
    #37 atomspeed123, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  18. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

nice!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

About the floppyness, I suggest you look at some official cars and how their jbeam is structured. You can think of beams as... well, beams. You know why almost everything structurally strong is made with triangles? Because triangles are not floppy. If you had a flat grid of beams (like in your case, in the bonnet), it would (and is) very floppy. Now if you were to make some beams to add triangles, in all dimensions, it wouldn't be floppy.

Have you heard of geomags? Imagine nodes as the metal balls and beams as the magnets. How would you make a strong structure using them? Use the same idea for jbeam too. Beams can rotate around any axis, they are not fixed to the node rotationally. That's why your jbeam will be floppy, no matter the beam properties.

If you are going to use the blender exporter as your jbeam tool, you should make a separate mesh for the jbeam, a much less dense and more structured version. I believe mike94 does this too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

i like your strategy of 'model one part of the car, then screw it lets Jbeam and texture it too!'

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice