I need help with my first mod.

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Skulkerz, May 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Skulkerz

Skulkerz
    Expand Collapse

Hi there, Im wondering if anyone can help me on some tips for mod making (maps). If you could post links and crap like that that would help me more as I have 'almost' no clue on how to go about making a map.
    --- Post updated ---
    I meant first map ))))))

2. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Here's the wiki hub for creating vehicles. I'd really not recommend that as a first mod though, unless you have prior experience in working with Blender and a photo editing program. I'm told vehicles take a vast amount of effort compared to other types of mods.

Maps are supposedly a little easier - here's the hub for them. Bear in mind that there are currently improvements being made to the in-game Map Editing tools, and some of them are coming in the next update, so you might want to put that off for a little while. I'd also recommend seeking out @DuneWulff , who's got a good thread going on how he puts together custom maps.

For your very first mod, I'd recommend looking into skinmaking (a good way to get experience with a photo editor, which you would need eventually for vehicle creation anyway, and possibly mapmaking if you want to create custom game assets).

Anyway, best of luck as you embark on your modding journey!

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice