I just lost a sibling...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by FestiveAidan130, Jan 5, 2019.

1. FestiveAidan130

FestiveAidan130
    Expand Collapse

Today, my step mom went to the hospital due to complications with her unborn baby. The hospital does not think the baby will survive and I don't know what to do. I want to help my dad and stepmom out but I don't know what to do.

1250px-Broken_heartsvg.png

I don't know if this is the correct thread but my apologies if it is not in the correct one.

I didn't want another sibling, so I feel like this is kind of my fault. and I really don't know the point of living anymore. I really cant do this anymore.

#1 FestiveAidan130, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is not your fault!

Not wanting sibling is normal emotional thing to happen, some human brain can work that way, but no way such can affect to whatever happens to unborn baby, there sometimes is complications, it is not risk free to have a baby, those are complex and chances to something go wrong are higher with anything that is complex.

What you can do is behave nice, do help with chores and that kind of stuff, it takes time to get over of such, but time will help.

Don't worry, tragedies are part of life, people get over with them eventually, be there to support them is best thing you can do.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. FestiveAidan130

FestiveAidan130
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much, this has helped me out a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  4. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Just be there. At times like this, the thing that they need the most is the people that matter the most close to them.

This is not your fault.

Above all else, the worst possible scenario for your dad and stepmom would be to lose you to as a result of all this. It's much worse to lose two children than one. If you are in the continental USA, remember that the phone number for the national suicide prevention hotline is 1-800-273-8255.

In addition, I would recommend contacting local churches or community centres. Many of them offer free counseling services, somebody to talk to, or at the very least know the phone numbers for local emotional crisis hotlines.

My condolences to both yourself and your family.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice