I got an unexpected Ryzen2700x

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Hati, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I got an unexpected free processor. Don't worry, it's nothing nefarious, I got it as a thankyou for helping someone out. I now have a free Ryzen 2700x sat here, but I can't use it without replacing my old motherboard.

I am completely lost as to trustworthy motherboards today, how has the market changed in the last 10 years? I stopped paying attention to hardware, as I planned to keep rocking my PhenomII x6. It was still managing just fine and had a couple of years in it. My old phenom is still more than able to handle modern games and with beam getting more efficient I haven't felt the need to upgrade.

Now I do simply because I got one unexpectedly.

and I haven't looked at the market for years. Which companies have notorious QC issues today? which do not? Any specific model recommendations? Full ATX format preferred.

Please help.

2. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

The motherboard I use for my 3700X is the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge. It is made for the 3000 series Ryzens but fully supports the 2700X. Also, make sure to get decent speed RAM. I went with 3000 MHz DDR4 as that was the best value for where I bought it from. I've had nothing but positive experiences with this motherboard.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Thankyou very much. I eventually ended up getting an ASRock X570 Pro4 due to the MSI model you mentioned being unavailable. All set up tho, and cheers for the advice :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice