1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How to re-download the game

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Nickorator, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

So I can't really give you a good reason for this, but basically I deleted every trace of BeamNG from my computer. The game was running very slow and I know I cluttered a bunch of stuff up in the past, so I just wanted a new start. Now for the task of redownloading it.

So my question is- Can I just download the pre-race update from the 'Update' tab on the website in order to get the game back? Or must I download the original game from the 'Download' tab and then install the update afterwards? I just want to know so I don't waste time downloading both versions when I might only need the one.

And also, (If I DO need to use both versions to restore the game) are you planning on combining the versions into one so that it can be easily downloaded? Because with all due respect, this is a sort of sloppy way to run an update. (Having to combine the 2 builds) I'm just a little confused is all. Amazing job though. There's not a thing about the update itself that could be better. It's awesome.

Thanks for all your help and the work you put into this game

2. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Just download the new updater from the "Update" tab, and retrieve your serial key to put into it from the "Download" tab to put into the new updater if you don't have it written down somewhere. You may also want to try opening ports 4433 and 8700 if you're having connection speed issues, and make sure they're forwarded to your internal IP (which can be found by typing ipconfig in cmd.exe, it'll be 192.168.1.XXX).

3. metalmuncher

metalmuncher
    Expand Collapse

In theory you should be able to download the updater (from the update tab) into a folder of your choice, run it, and it will download the full game with the race update into a folder called alpha_prerace. The launcher will then take care of any shortcuts that need adding/changing or whatever.

4. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Alright. I'm gonna let the pre-race update download over night. I'll see if I have a full game in the morning!

5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice