1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How to properly and simply do a jbeam AWD conversion with new code?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1UZ-FE, Feb 2, 2019.

1. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to convert the 200BX to AWD. My first way was making a rear and front differential separately. When I do, it seems to double the power to the wheels, like as if (making it go from 8 second 0 to 60 to 5 seconds). And if I hold down the throttle in 1st gear from 0, the wheels will eventually expand and blow up.

I've also tried it where both rear and front diff jbeam codes were in one differential, but still doubled the power as stated above.

I've tried to reduce the torque with each differential (with enginetorquecoef or difftorquesplit) in all ways, but does nothing.

I've tried it by adding a transfer case, and two differentials for front and rear. It moves for a second then stops every clutch engagement. When I remove the transfer case, I get double the power as I described in the 1st paragraph. What gives? What am I missing?

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

you will need to also make a transfer case part, so that the power is realistically split to the front/rear diffs.

3. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

As I said in the post, I added a transfer case, and it only slightly lurches forward for a split second after clutch engages. Removing the transfer case stops this, but gives me double the power I'm supposed to get.

4. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

You need to make a new driveshaft that takes power from the transfer case. Otherwise the stock driveshaft will take power directly from the gearbox and the transfer case, causing the "doubled power" and lots of physics instabilities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice