1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How to not lag with a lot of cars spawned in.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Joeykm16, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Joeykm16

Joeykm16
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I'm trying to find a way to not lag when multiple cars are spawned in. I'm trying to do a clip, where around 15 cars are driving at once using Script AI Manager. I recorded it with replay, but I get very low FPS, around 10-20. I know slowing downtime will increase FPS, but the audio doesn't sound right when sped up in Sony Vegas. If you go to the start of this person's video, at around 0:30. He has around 20 cars spawned in, driving at once with very good FPS. How could I do the same thing?

2. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

you need to upgrade your PC's hardware or buy a new one. you could put it to low settings, but you really do need to upgrade hardware.

3. powiephenom

powiephenom
    Expand Collapse

Um upgrade your computer?? My pc cant run beamng with over 5 vehicles spawned it. However on my brothers computer (Which is a lot stronger than mine) he can spawn in about 15-20 cars and still have no fps change.

4. Joeykm16

Joeykm16
    Expand Collapse

The person that made the youtube video, only has a 2060, though.

5. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

he probably has a good CPU and a lot of RAM, what are your specs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. powiephenom

powiephenom
    Expand Collapse

Only a 2060 graphics card??? That's even stronger than my brothers card which is a gtx1060ti. My gpu is a radeon rx580 with my processor being a amd fx3300. You need to upgrade your computer if you want to do stuff like that. There is no "Way" to bypass lag. Your trying to do stuff your computer parts cannot handle. He has a very powerful pc meaning doing that stuff is a breeze for his pc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Joeykm16

Joeykm16
    Expand Collapse

The person in the video has a i7-9750H, with 16 gb of ram. I have a GTX 1070, I5 8600, 16 gb of ram.

8. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

he has a better CPU and GPU, there's not way to do what you are implying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Joeykm16

Joeykm16
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to slow the simulation speed, without the audio getting messed up?

10. powiephenom

powiephenom
    Expand Collapse

You have a gtx 1070 and he has a gtx 2060. When you compare the two the 2060 is a massive upgrade compared to yours. In other words its a lot stronger and he can do more things. Idk if you expected a method of not having lag ingame but its not possible you just need a stronger gpu and maybe a
    Um no it doesn't mess up the audio, it slows it down. That's a feature a part of the game which cannot be disabled (unless you just turn off the audio) It wouldn't make sense for the sound to be faster than the crashes dispite it being slowed down.

11. Joeykm16

Joeykm16
    Expand Collapse

This replay was 16x slower, than sped up. the audio shouldn't sound like this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice