How to make better brakes?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Spaceballs the Username, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

I decided to go the route of increasing tire grip to get better brakes. @Slayersen how do you get your friction coeff so high without the car flipping? I can get about 1.6 on the Sunburst before it starts having the tendency to roll itself in turns. I did get a 0.1-0.2G increase in brake force which does actually feel like quite a bit

2. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

The centre of mass is simply far too high in the Sunburst. It's already one of the easiest cars to flip over without any mods, and increasing tire grip will only make that easier. The problem is that you're trying to achieve unrealistic braking performance in a game engine that's build for realism. I suspect you could achieve a lot with scripts and/or backwards thrusters, but I doubt that tweaking values will get you the results you want.

3. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Actually i got yet another 0.2G out of my brakes by adding more downforce to the rear wing. I'm content now with the brake force :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice