How to change mud particles to snow particles?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Overheat, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Overheat

Overheat
    Expand Collapse

How can I change mud particles in maps like east coast or italy from mud to snow particles?
    I'd like to get that effect that looks like from mammoth valley map, but I don't know how to change it on other maps - so instead when car drives through snow (painted mud), it doesn't throw mud particles, but snow ones.

2. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

I tried to do this too, I know that you need to extract out of the games installed location from the gameengine.zip the particle folder and place it into your levels root folder. Or you will kill the games particles editing them. Car vs, told me this and it worked. And I am pretty sure its emitter 54 that is the mud splash. I tried to edit that emitter and assign a fire particle then tried to "save to level" and test it. It did something but it was not the result I wanted. Looked like my video card was dying and polys where taking up the whole screen. There is so many settings I would say if you make a custom particle use some of the settings from the game particles. Let me know if you get anywhere.
    Here is the zipped folder and this is where it goes...(PBR is just the name of my test level) upload_2021-12-14_12-49-23.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

• snow.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Overheat

Overheat
    Expand Collapse

Hey Terry, thanks for provided informations. I'll test this out in my map when I get some time. Hope it works out fine x)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Just be warned, there is some risk, The developer said it over writes game files, but think he thought I made a mod, I did this on a converted level and saved only the edited emitter to the level file. I guess with any modding comes a risk. I always say if the game is not crashing one is not working hard enough : )

• Like Like x 1
  6. Overheat

Overheat
    Expand Collapse

Lol, you are right. By the way, have you done any work on lava textures or particles, or you gave up on it :D

7. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Oh no, not that word... haha... Man people are crazy for lava. I made quite a few things actually. I rarely submit things for repository but I share a ton of stuff on my Youtube page, mods and track assets. Got some lava assets and mods. If a video has a link it will be the very first line in the video description, and don't feel like you have to watch the video. You can grab and go lol...I broke track assets and mods into two different playlists to make them easier to find. If you see something you like its yours to do whatever with. I don't request any credit for it or anything. Just have fun. Or let me know if something is not working. I only use Onedrive for my links so there are no ads to watch.
    Terry Martin ART - BeamNG How 2 - YouTube

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice