1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How to change glowmap timing on WCUSA traffic lights?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Danny Werewolf, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

So, I'm making a rally map with staging lights, for you to stop at the right spot than go at the right time aswell. I used the traffic lights from West Coast USA to act as the visual, yet I already have some spotlights coded as timed by @krallopian.

The West Coast USA traffic lights are still mapped randomly/traffic timing, even though there is no lua (I don't think) for it to search for. Is there any way to remap the glowmaps to the same timing I have for the spotlights?

yes, please explain like I'm 5...

2. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

For those curious as well:

This works by animating a texture that is mapped to the light models.

The texture is animated so that RED shows up on one model, and GREEN shows up on another. As the texture is animated to "slide" from left to right upload_2019-3-14_12-40-17.png

The texture will simply show one model mapped to the top half as red, and the other model mapped to the bottom half as green.

Here's a picture showing how the actual image is designed:

upload_2019-3-14_12-41-13.png

As you can see it starts off with a green bar and a red bar, then the green turns to yellow, then red, and the bottom goes from red to green. As that image is sliding from left to right the lights appear to change colour based on how the models were textured.

Long story short: If you want to change this, you would need to change this animation image to suit your needs. You could make the colours pink and puple and blue if you wanted. It's an elegant way to accomplish this, very simple to do and to change speed etc just change the animation properties on the material editor.

3. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

So there is no way to turn off the animation and just call a still texture for the model at the right time?

Also, where do you even find those properties for the lights?

4. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Select the object then click on it's shape editor,

upload_2019-3-14_12-57-0.png

Then when you're there, click on Mat for materials editor,

upload_2019-3-14_12-58-2.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice