Solved how to add a towhitch to a car

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by JBatic, Jun 30, 2016.

1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

hello I have been trying to add a towhitch to the bronco Ive been working on and Ive run into a little bit of trouble adding it because one some cars it is just a modified jbeam that was copied from another car and other times like the bronco if I modify the jbeam from the pickup to attach to the bronco it doesn't show up as a part in the parts selector or on the truck itself, so can someone what am I doing wrong and how to fix it

Attached Files:

2. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

it seems that you just forgot to add the towhitch slot in your main jbeam. Add the following line to your slots:

["bronco_towhitch","","Tow Hitch"],

It should appear now. But please be aware that you have to add a node offset to this slot to translate it to the correct position. Furthermore make sure that the nodeOffset of your trailer_small slot in your bronco_towhitch.jbeam fits.

Cheers

3. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

thank you
    -post updated-
    just got it to work,I need some help setting the node offset and I have 2 problems, 1 default and moded trailers are missing wheels, 2 moded trailers cause wheels to fly off

Attached Files:

4. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

About the node offset , you need to add it to the tow hitch (on the main jbeam) :
    Code:
    ["bronco_towhitch","bronco_towhitch","Tow Hitch"{"nodeOffset":{"x":0.0,"y":-0.500,"z":0}}], 
    and for the tow hitch meshe (on the tow hitch jbeam)
    Code:
    ["towhitch", ["bronco_cab","bronco_towhitch"], [],{"pos":{"x":0.0, "y":0.0, "z":0.0}}],

About the trailer wheel disapear , this need little more investigations, stay tuned :D

5. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

adding this right now, and thank you!
    --- Post updated ---
    I played with the node offset to fit how I want it to but I have found that with anything except the small trailer causes the wheels to fall off the truck, and all trailers are missing their wheels. this does not happen on any other vehicle with a working towhitch

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00025.png
    • screenshot_00026.png
  6. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

You have to set the scalebeam ( and scalenode) etc values of all jbeams of the Bronco to one. That was changed in beam v0.5 so parts are interchangeable among vehicles.
    By the way you can't simply change the values to one without altering the rest of the beam values without changing the characteristics. (beamspring etc) Diamondback has a program which can alter those automatically.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice