1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How do I stage a drag race?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Faction54, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

Hey. I want to stage a drag race between me and an AI car, but I'm not sure how to do it.
    I would like the cars to start at the same time. I had a few ideas, I could set them up to a common target then set the AI car to drive toward that target, or I could spawn a third car and get the AI to chase that. But even that would leave about a second of delay between the AI leaving and me accelerating.
    Is there a way of staging an even drag race that I dont know about? And please remember my computer lags majorly if I have over 2 AI cars at once.

2. Floppydopda

Floppydopda
    Expand Collapse

Press "J" to pause the game, tab to the other car and floor it. Now tab back to yourself and floor it too. Press "J" again. This means the other car can't steer, but you will leave at the exact same time.

3. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I'll give it a try :)
    I knew there was some sort of hack
    --- Post updated ---
    I've encountered a problem: when I do your step only one car takes of, so I have to accelerate the other. To get them both to set off at the same time, do I hold the throttle, then release, press tab and then press the throttle again, or just hold it throughout the whole thing?

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Hold it trough whole thing.

You can have then 3rd car that is some distance away, so you get two cars accelerating when you switch to 3rd car, you can then hit shift-C for free camera, find nice angle for camera and after that press j to get cars going.

With Alt-U you can hide that pause message and everything from user interface if needed, so you can press J to pause again, hit alt-down to get slowmotion going, J to unpause again, that way you can make all kinds of funny stuff.

Remember you can always pause, make adjustments to controls or camera, then un-pause and you can then cut paused moments from video so that helps a lot with video making as you don't need to manage everything at once.

Update: I think 3rd car can be even a cone, does not need to be a car exactly, unless you want to have car as a prop for the scene.

#4 fufsgfen, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice