On Hold Hot Rod - '33 Ford Coup

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by Dr. Acula, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Plateau

Plateau
    Expand Collapse

I'd smash it with love.

2. Dr. Acula

Dr. Acula
    Expand Collapse

Sorry about the absence of updates guys, have had to focus my time on other IRL things lately. I hope to get this project back on track within the next week or so.

I may actually have to give dkutch a message and see if he can help me with the process of getting it from Blender, into the engine as I still have little idea on how to do that. I do still need to get the modelling and texturing side of the project finished, or at least to a point where I can get this into a beta stage first though.

No need to worry, I do plan on finishing this project. :cool:

3. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

The dkutch idea might not work actually... it seems something weird's going on.

Anyway, glad to hear you're resuming this project!

Oh, and I think you can add an E to the thread title now. They're editable (at least on my end).

#43 FastestClassic, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  4. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Idea! When you get this done and working in-game, you should make a version that looks similar to this ;)

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_35_ford_pickup_bonneville_desktop-2.jpg

5. Super681

Super681
    Expand Collapse

This is stunning. I love the look of this car and can't wait to try it out for a spin. the original head lights were my favorite. keep up the great work. :eek:

6. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Re: Hot Rod - '33 Ford Coupe

WOW! Amazing keep up the GREAT work, hope to see a download link soon! ;)

7. assmanrocks19

assmanrocks19
    Expand Collapse

how do i download

8. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

You don't. Seriously, this forum is full of people like you who don't bother to read anything, who simply barge in asking for a download. These projects take time, and you would realize this if you actually read the post.

#48 WrongBrothers, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  9. Prizedcoffeecup

Prizedcoffeecup
    Expand Collapse

Re: Hot Rod - '33 Ford Coupe

I think you should make fenders for the front tires that turn with the tires, and add lights to those! Or leave the lights in that position, but add a cool streamline fender to them that curls down around the back of the tire...that would be even more bad-ass, come to think of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Let's just hope they don't ruin the car's suspension performance if he doesn't thicken them...lawl

10. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

is thiss dead?

11. The_Spam_King

The_Spam_King
    Expand Collapse

Well, I found this thread while surfing through LT. Smell My's "Development Thread" and I'd just like to say that this project looks absolutely amazing. I can't believe the work that has been accomplished as of late last year.

But that's where I am worried.

The last post concerning this project and its topic was before Christmas; the project seems essentially abandoned. I know I have virtually no posting credit at all on this forum, but I care for BeamNG and its community. You could call me a quiet, reserved, ordinary costumer. But when I see threads dropping off the forums like a dying applause, it makes me want to shout and make myself heard for the purpose of directing traffic back to stunning projects like these.

Though this may sound somewhat dramatic, I'm pretty serious about not letting hundreds of hours of key-tapping, eye-straining, and sweat go to waste. This is art, and I support it. The modder may just be working on other IRL things currently, and that's no problem in my perspective. Hopefully there will be more word on this particular thread in the future, though. It's been much longer than he originally stated.

I'm only expressing my concern, feel free to criticize me lol

#51 The_Spam_King, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  12. CBJ023

CBJ023
    Expand Collapse

I don't feel it's dead, I think he has just been putting a lot of work into it and not bothering to update since noone has been posting on it. I want to create some cars for BeamNG, just need some serious time in Blender, I have a small race-car sitting in my garage modeled off of a 1934 Ford Coupe that looks like it would be super fun in Beamng if only I could model it and get it in game.

13. Dr. Acula

Dr. Acula
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I'd just like to apologise for the lack of updates to the mod and forum, this past half a year has been quite rough on me, and about 8 weeks ago I was in a motorcycle accident which has now confined me to a wheelchair for the next couple of months. I promise to finish this mod for you guys as I too would absolutely love to see it in game and crash it myself. It's gonna take some time but hang in there :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. The_Spam_King

The_Spam_King
    Expand Collapse

Wow. That's an excuse I'm sure anybody on these forums could live with :) I'm sorry that you were involved in an accident, Dr. Acula, and I hope you recover to the best of your ability. Your work is fantastic, and you seem like a very reasonable person. I'll be here on these forums to watch your work as it progresses, and I hope you continue to make awesome stuff.

15. Claymore

Claymore
    Expand Collapse

i hope it doesn't get canceled :(

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Last post was nearly 10 months ago and this thread had already been given the on hold status, which effectively means cancelled seeming as few projects ever come out of on hold and the OP hasnt been seen around

17. Dr. Acula

Dr. Acula
    Expand Collapse

I promise this thing isn't cancelled, just been going through a lot of shit in the last year or so. It will eventually get finished.

• Like Like x 4
  18. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

Great job so far! I really hope to see this baddie in game soon. Yes,I am aware it's very hard to create mods,but keep going you've got nothing to lose!

19. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

One of my relatives is drag racing a 33 Ford Coupe

20. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It's been over 2 years since anyone has responded to this thread and just under a year since the author was last seen on the forums. Please check the dates before responding to threads that are this old.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice