AdamB
    Expand Collapse

AdamB updated Hirochi Sunburst Electric with a new update entry:

major update

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. RetroStevie

RetroStevie
    Expand Collapse

The Electric Sunburst 2Stock doesn't have the 2-speed manual, it has an automatic instead.

Just thought I'd point it out, I can't stop driving this car xD

3. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

Ok, because I took a lot of time to update everything, and I didn't feel like having both the dual speed auto and manual. So I just combined it all to a 2 speed auto ;)

4. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

5. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

6. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

new ratios

7. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

8. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

9. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

10. AlexRyanC

AlexRyanC
    Expand Collapse

11. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

That's because my "ludicrous" tires have a lot of grip. To use the old tires, select them under the parts selector.

12. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

mvt

13. burner94_

burner94_
    Expand Collapse

This is epic. You can really feel the weight of that battery. Loving the new dials! And I also appreciate the fact you also made street variations of it, and not some "ordinary Tesla-hunting machinery", haha

I'd revise some small stuff on these ones, but take this as constructive criticism, I really appreciate this work :)

-Ludicrous tires are very unrealistic: as AlexRyanC already pointed out, they're kinda useless for anything except drag racing, since the car really likes to tip over at almost any speed. Though you could make a RWD drag configuration using those on the rear...

-The Ludicrous config has an open front diff (not sure about other performance-oriented configurations), and I think it doesn't have to, since it has both the Race Transfer Case and the Race Limited Slip Rear Diff. Also, wouldn't it accelerate quicker if it had a single speed or dual speed normal gearbox? CVTs are well-known for their energy efficiency, not much for performance xD

-Instead of having a 2-speed automatic, why not an actual 2-speed semiautomatic (PRNDM, like on ETKs) or full manual w/clutch?

-An adjustable-ratio gearbox is much more of a race thing, so I'd exclude that from production cars, as far as preset configurations go atleast. I'd put it just on the Race preset(s), perhaps as an option for the Ludicrous one too, but not on street cars...

-(more of a nitpick but whatever) If I were you, I'd much rather have fewer configurations on the selection screen... I mean, it's awesome that you provide us all these parts, but is it really necessary to make all combinations of all parts?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

I love your ideas on the new transmissions! :) I'll see if I can get to it. The only thing is, I don't think you have a manual with clutch on an electric motor. Also with the configurations, I don't want to undo all the work it took to make them :) That's what got me all the downloads! ;)

Edit: I'll make an option for less-grippy tires :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. burner94_

burner94_
    Expand Collapse

If I recall correctly, the guys at Mighty Car Mods had a full manual EV car (it's a converted-to-EV car... still a manual though).

Also, after a quick check it also appears that some others configs, like the Ludicrous Offroad, have an open diff on the front wheels... I guess the sportier trims need a revision :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

17. EpicPlaya

EpicPlaya
    Expand Collapse

Hey AdamB! I've had a lot of fun with this mod but now it's giving me a fatal vehicle exception on the latest 0.10 update. Anything you can do about that? or maybe you're working on it as we speak. Anyway i can't wait for when it works again so keep up the good work!

18. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

Ok, the problems is that in the 0.10 update, no electric motors work. The devs said that the next update will fix it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. eeEtilt

eeEtilt
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to make a suggestion.

Most electric cars have digital speedometers, and it would be cool to see a Chevy Volt esque display.
    2016-Chevrolet-Volt-instrument-cluster.jpg
    Again, this is just a suggestion, but it'd be really nice to see.

20. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmm... I'll see what I can do, as the ETK800 has one :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice