WIP Beta released HighDef's Chase Scenario Pack 0.8.8

8 New chases! Various chase scenarios similar to the ones provided with the game.

1. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Ok more FWD car chases coming. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Thanks, I was on my way to PM you about it when I saw your disclaimer regarding the map being now at a state where you are prepared for people to make content for it so I decided not to message you in respect to having read your instructions. (Just so you know) Normally I always ask first. I know you haven't said that it's a problem, I just wanted to make that clear.
    --- Post updated ---
    I will add at least 6 FWD scenarios today.

3. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

4. BryanFahrenheit

BryanFahrenheit
    Expand Collapse

Hey HighDef I'm trying to create some police chase and getaway scenarios. Would it be possible if I used your mod files as a template to create my own?
    I found your Bajamarama video on David's channel and it's really helpful. I feel like it would be a lot easier for me to learn everything this way.
    Also thought it would be a good idea to get your permission ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Hi Bryan
    Yea that is all fine since I used the BeamNG vanilla stuff as a template anyway, just change the author line.
    Cheers for asking though :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. BryanFahrenheit

BryanFahrenheit
    Expand Collapse

Awesome thank you!
    --- Post updated ---
    Hey HighDef sorry to bother you one more time.
    I'm going through your scenario files, specifically the Chases Scenario Pack and I was wondering why there are no Lua files. In the tutorial I watched with you and David, the Bajamarama race scenarios each had ther own Lua files. I was under the impression that they were required, could you clear this up for me? Thank you ahead of time!

7. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

The chases use the chase AI which is controled by the json file. The races require more code and use the lua to make them follow waypoints and count laps.

8. BryanFahrenheit

BryanFahrenheit
    Expand Collapse

Oh thank you for your explanation. After digging through the code I started to realize that the json files are setting parameters like ModeAI to flee.

So I just made my first race scenario it's an offroad shortbed race in utah! Once it's totally done I will upload it. I had so much fun making it that I'm wondering why I waited so long to buy Beam lol. Thanks again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice