Help needed with texturing roads and buildings

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by MGR 99, Jun 16, 2016.

1. MGR 99

MGR 99
    Expand Collapse

The weird thing with this game is that the first model I make for a map works perfectly.... (textures, collisions).... but, however, the next batch of models suffer from NO TEXTURE.

This bin was dark green.

For this road I want to use this texture,

but I haven't got a clue how to get it to work. I've looked into it, but haven't found too much that will help me.

Attached Files:

#1 MGR 99, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Why don't you take the road textures from my so-cal or nevada maps (they're in the mod's section)?
    Go into one of the map folders and look for the art/roads folder.
    Copy all those textures out of there, and put them in an art/roads folder in YOUR map. Copy materials.cs out of there too.
    NOTRANS textures can be used for non-transparent surfaces such as mesh roads, everything else is for decal roads on the terrain.

Use notepad++ on the material.cs file in the roads folder in your map (where you copied the textures to) and replace my map folder name such as hiway2 (for nevada) or TSH (for So-Cal) with your map name.
    The notepad++ has a find-and-replace feature. If you use it correctly, you'll save your fingers some mileage.
    ex: replace /TSH/ with /yourmapname/ .

I've made lots of road textures there (pretty much all but 2 asphalt textures, the other 2 are from ouerbacker - material 2 & material 3, and 'boring road'). He also made the runway/dirt path textures. I made every other (matching new or old) asphalt texture there.
    Feel free to use all of them.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice