Help needed about choose nodes

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by AndySchwarzenegger, Oct 25, 2017.

1. AndySchwarzenegger

AndySchwarzenegger
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys,i'm learning how to make modes.
    i have read the tutorial from the wiki ,but i got a question ,how do you choose the suitable nodes frome the blender verticals into the jbeam file nodes parameter?I have tried export the nodes by the export script ,but there are a lots of nodes and beams,i can't select the nodes which i want.
    Thank you .

2. EcoNadder77

EcoNadder77
    Expand Collapse

I find it much easier to create a separate object in blender, and manually create/place the vertices and edges. Once you're done placing them, you can export all the vertices/edges (nodes/beams) of the separate object you created. This gives you the most control over what gets exported.

Does this answer your question, or are you asking about where to place the vertices and edges?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

you can zoom in on certain nodes and select the ones you want.

sometimes this doesn't work

• Like Like x 1
  4. goreal

goreal
    Expand Collapse

what do you mean seriously if you want to see nodes in game just hold ctrl and you can see how much power it is use the mouse wheel and scroll whatever way so the number goes up

• Like Like x 1
  5. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

on my alien ware you can use page up and down to zoom in and out but every computer does things differently

• Like Like x 1
  6. goreal

goreal
    Expand Collapse

do you use a mouse?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

yes but on my keyboard in the extra numbers with numberlock is
    --- Post updated ---
    mouse for strength

page up/down for zoom in and out

p.s.you can change this in settings :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. goreal

goreal
    Expand Collapse

this kind of mouse? upload_2017-10-25_20-35-48.png sorry if its big cause you should use the scroller on it to change the power oh wait do you have a problem or is this a randmo thing
    --- Post updated ---
    okay so mouse scroll is zoom in and out ctrl + mouse scroll is strengthen node grabber

• Like Like x 1
  9. AndySchwarzenegger

AndySchwarzenegger
    Expand Collapse

Yes i do the same way as you say ,separate the object to some single parts .
    For example the front axle,but when i use the export script to export the front axle's nodes and beams ,i got the exported jbeam file and there are thousands of nodes and beams ,but when i search in the official mod's jbeam file ,there are only few nodes and beams needed.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thakn you by the way!;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank you.;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes ,it is depend on the computer's hard ware.
    --- Post updated ---
    Of course i use the mouse:p
    --- Post updated ---
    Maybe i don't need to export all the nodes and beams ,i can select the node and beam i need and give them a different name,export is not the best way probably.

10. EcoNadder77

EcoNadder77
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if I was unclear. I don't copy any of the existing parts. I create a new object, create each node, and move them to the desired location. Then I go back and manually connect them together.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Racermon

Racermon
    Expand Collapse

The way I do jbeam is too finicky but here is my dumb method
    Make the model in blender
    click on the model using the 3d cursor
    then open a tab that gives properties of the 3d space and other things, object origin and stuff like that too
    look for 3d cursor positions, then simply copy the x y z of the cursor to the node
    Then repeat over and over till you get all your nodes placed, then connect them all to each other and rigid them using a rectangular form, (corner to corner so top left to bottom right ETC ETC)
    Once you do that and the object can stay together and not blow up, you should hit it if is big enough to see if it can withstand being hit and not blowing up (jbeam testing basically)
    Then attach it to the vehicle

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Racermon

Racermon
    Expand Collapse

blenderthing.jpg
    The things I use are highlighted in yellow
    You can open the menu by pressing N
    then the 3d cursor info is slightly down a ways

It would be wiser to use edit mode to find the exact spots of certain vertexes but that is just me

(would highly recommened using good names [for nodes] to make jbeaming easier)

• Like Like x 1
  13. AndySchwarzenegger

AndySchwarzenegger
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your explanation in detail,i will try that way as you say,thank you very much again~;)
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm probably make a mistake and go a wrong way,i thought i should export all the nodes and beams.that make me confuse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice