1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Have a busted Logitech G27? Not to worry, I'm here! (With a fix)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by WackyFolf, Jul 3, 2017.

?

What this useful?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Sort of

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WackyFolf

WackyFolf
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. That was a long title.

This thread will have my answers to two different problems.

Anyway, my Logitech G27 has had lots of problems. When I first got it, about five years ago, it worked for about a day before it stopped working. The pedals and H-shifter both didn't work. The G27 comes with a big block of plastic on the bottom the the steering wheel, which you could take off. (I didn't know that, so I would set it in my lap when it was working. Then whenever I would steer it would pinch my leg.) If you are having the problem I just explained, where the wheel works but nothing else does, check the connections of the wires for the pedals and shifter. They look like VGA cables. You have to take the big plastic block off the bottom to access them. However, people probably weren't as dumb as me and already took it off. If you didn't, however, check that. After I figured that out and started playing with Beamng instead of Gran Turismo 5, it worked flawlessly. For a while. Then it started confusing the pedal positions and the steering didn't work. I was confused. If you are using Windows 10/8 and none of the axis work properly, install the Windows 7 drivers and try again. This worked for me. Now for a bonus problem! I set my steering range to 900 degrees in the G27 settings. However, Beamng sometimes likes to set that down to 90, even if it says it is 900. To fix the steering angle not working properly, hold the two middle red buttons on the steering wheel and the bottom (round) black button on the H-shifter at one time. Thank you for that shortcut, Slammington!

My problems are going to be different from yours, but I'm just trying to help. So those are my solutions to my problematic G27. Hope it helps!

#1 WackyFolf, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

For the 90 degrees thing, there's a simpler fix. Just press the two middle red buttons and the bottom black button on the shifter console simultaneously (not the D-pad). That's a shortcut to set the steering to 900 degrees :)

3. WackyFolf

WackyFolf
    Expand Collapse

Okay, thanks! I change it and say that it was your hint.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice