GTA 5

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Charlie, Aug 22, 2013.

1. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Love the rain in this game. Think I need to move though, my view sucks.

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

2. jeffbox

jeffbox
    Expand Collapse

#582 jeffbox, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  3. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

If he does his work or not shouldn't even interest you as you don't own the full game. + The whole team is doing pretty damn well so grant them a little free time for there hard work.

4. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I have that same apartment. I thought the close-up view of those two buildings would be cool if it was like a busy plaza-type place in between them.

+1 on the rain, too. Puddles are so easy to miss unless you're looking for them, yet the attention to detail in them is amazing.

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

ROASTED!

6. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I've never seen someone use merely 7 words and offend people the way you managed. I'm going to assume the best in you and chalk it up to the fact that text is a poor medium for banter.

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

That second photo, in single player the bank vans sometimes spawn there. Your apartment rocks, you can lookout for the van and co-ordinate and effective heist on it :p

8. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Last time I played, I stole another Titan and made it to LS airport. I stuck it in the hangar, made a quick save (feeling optimistic) and turned off the game.

Started up the game the other day, loaded the save....and what do I see in my hangar? A desert camouflage cargo plane, ready to fly. To say I was suprised would be a gross understatement.

Has the latest update totally fixed the garage/hangar BS? Anyone else regularly playing and storing planes/jets?

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Garages always worked fine for non modded vehicles for me unless I drove through the area while playing as another character or did a mission with 2 or all 3 of the characters in it where you enter the mission as franklin and exit as lets say michael.

10. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I'm digging this thread back up to say; my gf finally forced me to play GTA online...

I had fun. Well, a lot of fun...

Survival is really fun, and a super easy way to level up. Airplane and heli races are also fun.

Killing people in online free roam is super addicting, I've gotten really good at stalking/sniping/camping people. Then they challenge me to one on one deathmatch and I own them. I've even made friends this way hah.

She makes me do the challenges she's not the best at so I can make her money, haha so I'm enjoying myself.

11. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Yes sir. The name is "Ekah", the ps3 is hers so it's a female character/account. I play a little every other day or so,

12. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Haha, for sure. Next time I'm on I'll track you down and add you.

13. Nish01

Nish01
    Expand Collapse

pic 1: sandking xl suspension. love investigating how these cars were made.
    2 and 3: Voltic coil VS a Train. (Love seeing how mangled i can get my car and still drive)
    4: Nice night view of the city skyline inbetween some mountains, and the windfarm infront.

Cant wait for more missions and whatnot, getting slightly repetitive. But yeah still some fun to be had!

Attached Files:

• 0_0.jpg
    • 0_0.jpg
    • 0_0.jpg
    • 0_0.jpg
  14. Nish01

Nish01
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the double post, just thought this thread needed a bump....because of the creation tool! (beta)

post your content if you have made one yet.

http://rsg.ms/1kwOAvc

"Vinewood Dirt Oval - Dirt oval that will test your skills and endurance. Couple jumps included....if you have the balls!"

http://rsg.ms/1kwVdgP

"Mt. Chilliad Hill Climb - Race to the top of Mt. Chilliad to prove you are the best climber around! Expert race with very few checkpoints, narrow ridges and steep drop!"

#594 Nish01, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  15. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

I have so had it with this crappy game... The online is the worst multiplayer experience I've EVER had in ANY game. I've tried playing it months after release twice now, last time was a month ago, and the cloud servers didn't work. Today I try again, still cloud servers unavailable. Service is absolutely worthless and I'm done. Rockstar is just as crap as a company as any other company now. They got our money, now they don't give 2 ****s anymore. GAH.

Somehow they think they should host a multiplayer event tomorrow... Yeah good luck with that.

#595 Mythbuster, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  16. kubus765

kubus765
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you just had bad luck. I've had an issue with my character and I couldn't log in, so I wrote to them and a week later they solved the issue. The servers are fine too. Notice that a lot of people are actually playing the game so the servers are mostly overloaded.

- - - Updated - - -

♫♪♫ Here comes the rain! ♫♪♫

17. Scudetto

Scudetto
    Expand Collapse

One of the best looking cars imo

(imported from here)

And random pic..

(imported from here)

18. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

19. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

I havn't had any issues with it in a long time. (Since October...). I get the occasional "Save Failed" but after about 1-5 mins it will work. I've never not been able to save. It will eventually save if you give it a little bit.

20. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

I've never had a problem with cloud servers but the multiplayer really isn't worth playing, unless you're playing with a freind.

First off money is quite hard to get but that's not too bad, I like a challenge. So after i'd got some gathered up about 31k i banked it, like the tool tip states it prevents loss. So I bank it then some guy kills me in a tank about 3 different times, no real big deal. Then i check my money, I find I've lost about 11k from the bank WTF. GTA 5's multiplayer feels like a pay to win online game, constantly reminding you that you can buy Rockstar dollars from the store... The GTA 4 multiplayer was hugely better.

As for the game its just littered with problems, not something I've noticed in previous GTAs (GTA 3 and above haven't played older) GTA 4 for example was almost perfect in my opinion, literally no real bugs. Then GTA 5 comes along, the car physics are awful. GTA 4 had some ridiculous body roll but instead of toning it down they seem to have made the suspension non existent as well as damage and no its not even easier to drive than it was in GTA 4, in fact its harder IMO. As for the special abilities they're ok you don't have to use them, right? well no if you want any car to reach its top speed you need to switch to Franklin and go into "anti physics super slow mo bull shit ability mode" to make the car go at its real top speed which is one of the most annoying things in the game. Along with these problems it has inherited the same stupid car bug as GTA 4 in which all the cars that spawn are only in 2-3 different models for each area. Meaning the traffic gets boring and lacks diversity (this is one of the bugs that irritated me in IV)

Not only has it got problems it's also lacking a few things that were small but interesting in IV such as picking up and throwing objects that are on the ground. The pedestrians in 5 seem like balloons when you run into them on foot they fall over instantly like obvious ragdolls this is pretty much why Rockstar used Natural motion Euphoria character physics in the first place.

As for the story instead of removing some of the deeper dark parts of the story line that made GTA SA/4 a little too "dark" at times they practically turned it upside down meaning it was fun but a bit over the top and removed all the emotional bits from the story.

Highlight this to read. END GAME SPOILER*ll I chose the ending where all the protagonists live and all the antagonists die. As brilliant an ending it was it really didn't feel exiting or make you happy to finally kill the antagonists, it felt like you barely knew them the choice to kill them only took a couple of seconds unlike in GTA 4 when you chose between Dwayne and Playboy I had a hard time choosing which one and I felt bad for killing them. ll*SPOILER

Also I know there are other bugs with graphics and LOD models, such as cars being a detailed LOD model and not being a fully detailed model until entered. I will not count these as the game is running on 6 year old hardware so you need to give it some slack, plus the LOD models in this game are the best I've ever seen in any game.

It lacks the same depth and finesse that most games in the series have, it just doesn't feel right and I feel they should have spent some more time on the important parts rather than marketing which they spent a hell of a chunk of the budget on. Overall thouggame is a masterpiece in so many aspects and I really can't wait to see it when it comes to PC. This game is still the best game this year and years to come in my books.

Rant over :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice