WIP Beta released Grand Valley Speedway 0.37

Here's the original fictional track built for 24H racing.

1. monobrau

monobrau
    Expand Collapse

The three stands are in the air by spawn
    (uploading wasn't working for some reason)

2. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Thanks monobrau, Ill add it to the next update. Just tried to upload it, but the file repository seems to be down, so I'll try later.

#22 Ewanc, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  3. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, anything having to do with files have been down for a while now, but Tdev is trying to fix it.

4. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

- Removed the temporary update -
    Thanks for updating it Collin.

#24 Ewanc, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  5. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

It's an awesome track ! I'm having a blast driving around it, nice work ! Also couldn't resist looking at how this map is made, and the illusions of being terrain further that we think is well made.

I haven't played the OneDrive map you just put above, but as this isn't in the changelog I'll assume what I noticed was not corrected, and these are only minor anyways. Some banner textures ( some BeamNG's one and 1 TastiCola ) seems to be deformed and stretched, it's not really esthetic, and the textures in the vehicle bridge are inverted. The one thing I probably think i'll be the only one to ever notice, is a no-texture texture appearing on the bridge when seen from far away (when flying in free cam). And the ovals are fun to drive around too, I hope we'll see a real background for it, Nascar-like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, even simple problems add up. The newly made BeamNG banners just need to be scaled from 1:2 to 1:3 so they look good. Now that its technically sound, I can work better graphics.

Taking the drift missle around the short track is fun, might make it a dirt oval, and add another modeled after Moteigi.

7. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

8. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Ewanc updated Grand Valley Speedway with a new update entry:

Fixed a bunch of bugs + an add-on

1. Edited the quick play way points, so they don’t conflict with my other levels.
    2. Fixed curbs piercing tires; took lots of testing and tweaking to get it right.
    3. Fixed the Car Bridge piercing tires.
    4. Fixed stretched banners.
    5. New billboards, plus resized and edited banner texture.
    6. Widened the pit exit and moved the tower back, making it easier to get past.
    7. Added missing polys to trailers.
    8. Removed the “black apron” from the big arch bridge.
    9. Grandstands -...
    --- Post updated ---
    Ive made a separate add-on that replaces my generic BeamNG banners with the name brand ones from GT, for a more authentic look.

https://www.beamng.com/attachments/...9/?temp_hash=1dca4d3789a1c0a003d1606c1aa66914

To install: Place the zip file in your mod folder as usual.

#28 Ewanc, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  9. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Great job on fixing the kerbs, they feel so much better. It was an thing that always annoyed me because i often play on this map and when i spun out and went over the kerbs the car was basically ruined.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice