WIP Beta released Grand Valley Speedway 0.37

Here's the original fictional track built for 24H racing.

1. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Be sure to clear cache - or at least remove the GrandValleySpeedway folder from cache - before installing any updates.

Riding on the success of my previous GT race track, here's another one of my fave's and also the second hardest of the original Grand Turizmo circuits. Made for 24 hour Lemans class race cars, this course offers many high speed sweeping corners and is set in dramatic scenery. The banking is deceptively shallow, making it challenging.

Here's an add-on that replaces my generic BeamNG banners with the name brand ones from GT, for a more authentic look.

https://www.beamng.com/attachments/...9/?temp_hash=1dca4d3789a1c0a003d1606c1aa66914

To install: Place the zip file in your mod folder as usual.

This one is based on a design I made over 10 years ago and also brought to rFactor and other sims. Ive made many improvements recently to bring it into this decade.

I included 3 other "facilities" with this track. They are no frills, as not to bogg the level down.
    • One is over the vehicle bridge; you can exit the track at the start of the pit buildings; it's a small drift oval I cloned from Lanier Speedway.
    • The next is feature is just down the road from the oval; drive as fast as you can towards the city area and you will find it.
    • The third is the big one: its reached either by continuing past the city area and turning right them following the road or by exiting the track at the first intersection with the Grand Valley East; this one is a high speed oval similar to New Hampshire Speedway.

Its an original work using only my imagination and a rough map of the layout and not a copy in any way of licensed assets. I made use of many objects from BeamNG, such as the Grandstands (cut in half, and to 1/3), terrain textures, trees, suspension bridge, Curbs from Hirochi (Modeled into the track), Banners (moderately edited)

Feel free to use any of my customized BeamNG made objects or textures for your works.

Be sure to clear cache - or at least remove the GrandValleySpeedway folder from cache - before installing any updates.

Some features are:
    Hirochi style 3D curbs

Dramatic tunnel lighting

4 layout configurations; including the East Sections

Modified grand stands from Hirochi Raceway

Known Bugs:
    • The curbs don't react nicely when driving the course backwards; can cause damage to the underside of low slung cars. No more flats though, in either direction.

Attached Files:

#1 Ewanc, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Speedemon

Speedemon
    Expand Collapse

It seems that on the front straight around 10 - 20 meters before the start finish line something invisible keeps wrecking cars going down the front straight. It is probably something on the ground but it seems to only wreck cars driving in the middle of the front straight.

Other than that the map looks great!

3. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Found it with collision debug on:
    trailerbug.jpg
    My big rigs weren't oriented right when I exported them (didn't know that was a thing). Thanks for letting me know about it, I stick to the fastest race line and never would have noticed.

Edit: Mod submissions won't be checked until tomorrow morning at the earliest, so I'll have my update ready by tonight so it'll be updated ASAP. It'll include a few bug fixes, plus some new stuff.

#3 Ewanc, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  4. monobrau

monobrau
    Expand Collapse

Found a place to crash. It's on the straight away.
    crashongrandvalley.png
    Also a place to crash right behind the car.

5. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

he knows that, its on the post above you

6. monobrau

monobrau
    Expand Collapse

Whoops, didn't register that when I saw that image. Thought it was more in the side of the pits for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ignito

ignito
    Expand Collapse

Same thing with the invisible wall, except it happens in the pitlane too, towards the middle of the halves.

8. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Great map, but when will the Trailer and everything else be fixed? (I saw you edited the thread, but there isn't an update yet I don't think.)

9. moosekiller44

moosekiller44
    Expand Collapse

just a heads up to anyone having difficulty with crashing on the front straight, if you stay close to the wall on the left side of the track it is still passable without any collision. hope this helps some of you who were disappointed with that. :) but other than that, this map is great, and i already felt comfortable on it from many hours of gt5.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Ewanc updated Grand Valley Speedway with a new update entry:

Bug fixes and polishing

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Pounicoss

Pounicoss
    Expand Collapse

Something was always making my car crash when im like 5-10 metres from the start/finish line and i just keep getting frustrated when i crash at the invisible wall

12. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Update fixed it!

13. Pounicoss

Pounicoss
    Expand Collapse

huh, i installed the new update and its still there...
    weird

EDIT: i was just stupid, its not ther anymore

14. MadHEMI

MadHEMI
    Expand Collapse

Awesome Work.. AI no longer goes around that main track like it did in version 0.26, I hope version 0.28 will fix the missing AI path from 0.27....

15. Skoops[FIN]

Skoops[FIN]
    Expand Collapse

16. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

17. Skoops[FIN]

Skoops[FIN]
    Expand Collapse

k thx

18. MadHEMI

MadHEMI
    Expand Collapse

Cache cleared, Invisible wall is now an invisble speedhump, Gets airbourne crossing the line, Looks cool.. And AI path is damaged like I mentioned above, Only works in some places instead of the full circuit. Haven't tested other tracks with AI added yet.. Still Awesome work, Slight teething issues.. Cheers

19. Skoops[FIN]

Skoops[FIN]
    Expand Collapse

20. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

It's weird how fixing one bug breaks something else. The bump is a byproduct of the terrain editor. It leaves bumps at the map's center whenever you change the terrain. I got the AI working again and fixed the bump, but missed the morning cutoff for updates.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice