Released Grand Marshal DV

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by thepeca, Nov 23, 2013.

1. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Woo, first mod! :D

Grand Marshal - Drift Version

CREDITS:
    Original Vehicle by : Gabester
    Custom skin on what this skin is based on by : Tom666
    (Download his awesome Marshal skin mega-pack here (also includes the tire skins you see below) : All-my-Grand-Marshall-skins-here )
    Body mods, skin, engine and suspension setup by me :D

1.jpg 2.jpg

FEATURES:

- Reworked body - Front and rear bumpers modified to sute the new purpose
    - Wheel arches slightly widened (so the wheels nicely fit, hence the lowering)
    - Trunk now has a "lip" at the end for that extra downforce (the rear trunk vinyl also gives an extra 5HP :D)
    - Hoodscoop installed
    - Rear end of the car slightly widened for extra stability (rear doors included)

3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Reworked engine and suspension - A brand new Drift preset for the "brand new" car :D
    About 400HP, easily drifts, but not an overkill, it's still driveable in a straight line, and not too unrealistic
    Over 700NM of torque @ 4000 RPM
    Transmission adapted to the increased power (gear ratios, shift up/down revs, diff lock, ...)
    Suspension lowered, stiffened and damped more for more stability
    Larger steering angle
    Reinforced front suspension (tierod, coilover, swaybar)

6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Brand new paintjob/vinyls - I had a lot of fun, maybe slightly overdone it :D
    - Though it perfectly suits the thing the car is meant for ;)

If there are any issues let me know, so i can fix them :) Also, this is a separate car, so it won't overwrite anything. Future updates might come, but i promise nothing :p

DOWNLOAD :

Attached Files:

#1 thepeca, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

are you putting a link up?

3. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Yup, a little later today. I decided to do some "after" last minute tweaks to reduce bodyroll a bit more :)

4. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

5. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Car and link up and ready :)

6. Glenni91

Glenni91
    Expand Collapse

I quite like this one, actually, normally I'm not a fan of the stickerbombed driftcars, but this one is very well done. :D

7. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I am exactly the same! When I played Forza, they had a lot of people that did this, and they did the ENTIRE car, and it looked ridiculous. This car has
    just the right amount of stickers.

Maybe there can be a story behind this skin... It goes from the front to the back of the car:
    The front fenders are a sign of a "rusty" beginning, with some mom-preowned family sedan. The hood would be the first actual competition and a
    wonderful first win. The sides, well, they can show either a time of a boring cycle of win-lose competitions, and one specific win where you get the
    first sponsor. They can also show a cycle, with one win that pulls you into the sponsors (the flames can also look like tentacles, hence the "pulling in").
    Lastly, the sponsors represent, well, a drifting career, and the mass amounts of sponsors received. And then the girls, well, they can be multiple things.

8. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, i was thinking about the full car having a vinys all over it, but on the second thought it wasn't such a good idea, and i kinda missed that realistic side of the car, so i went with this much more "plausible" version while still having the feeling that its a tuned race car out of a stock car what was modified throughout the years. So you are also right about the story :) I haven't thought that much about it, but i wanted to have a feeling of a used car whats being randomly tuned/upgraded, being rusted and scratched on a few panels, and what gets some random stickers time to time.. it feels much more alive, or should i say organic, or natural this way :)

#8 thepeca, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  9. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Yes, you put just the right amount of everything on this. Plus, the drifter tuning; the entire package! Sadly, I have not been known to drift very well in any racing game (even Ridge Racer, and that is all you do!), but as long as I just take it slow, it is pretty wonderful for cruising (even though computer only lets me roam through a world of a path and abstract shapes).

Wait, is it easier to drift with a controller? Or can you really only drift with a steering wheel?

10. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

It's always easier with anything other than a keyboard or any digital controller, go with either an analog controller (like the xbox controller) or a steering wheel. It gives you much more control, though it takes time to get used to it after using the keyboard a lot. Basically every button on a keyboard is only a momentary on/off switch, making you able to either go full gas, or stay in one place. Same with steering, either instantly full left/right, or straight. Imagine that in real life, going down the road full gas, then at a slight left turn you turn all the way left, into the bushes.. Would be the same like in Drive sometimes :D Thats the difference between digital and real life/analog control, as like in real life you can continuously turn slightly (you dont have to "tap" the steering wheels like the buttons :D ), and go only half throttle, what usually saves the day :)

11. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I know, and that is why I am using my xbox controller, because using a keyboard is not fun, because you would have to use the bullet time everywhere to get less on/off action. I am used to using a controller, I have been playing racing games since, well, I started playing video games (PGR2 on Xbox FTW) when I was 4.

12. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, though i was, and always will be a keyboard kind of guy, thx mostly to my lazyness :D I'm on a "15 laptop (you cant actually sit back or you wont see the action :D), and it would feel unusual anyway (though it would be nice to have a wireless xbox controller sometimes) :) My first ever game (and console) was MortalCombat3 on SEGA, and the marathons went to a point when the power cord melted into the wall power outlet.. It was the end of that era :D Second and third game was TwistedMetal1, and Resident Evil 1 on the PS1, what was insane fun, and the top of realtime 3D :D At the end of the PS era i got my first (not that fast) PC, a 486DX2 with 80Mhz and 12megs of ram. It had Win95, and the next games i went for were Doom, DukeNukem3D, Destruction Derby 1, RedAlert95, and of course Carmageddon (what was was spectaculary awesome at the time :D). I remember i always had to fiddle with DOS, because it usually had a hard time running pretty much anything :D ..not to mention the 500MB hard drive space.. it was one game at a time :D ..And i also game ever since, and i dont think it will or should ever change :)

13. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Lol, 12MB of RAM. I really just stayed with my Xbox for a year or two, then I moved to Hotwheels on the PC (I know, so hardcore) for a couple months. I go back to Xbox for a while longer, while literally only playing racing games (mom's restrictions), and I got my Xbox 360 in 2008, I think. I stayed on racing games until I got Battlefield Bad Company, because I was so sneaky, and it was rated T, so I was allowed to play it. Then I still stuck to racing games up until now, with a little bit of COD, but mainly Battlefield for my shooting games (I LOVE destroying things, and this is why the second I saw a car crash on a recommended video of BeamNG, I fell in love).
    So yeah, I am one exciting gamer with tons of *activate sarcasm* nostalgia within me.

14. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

:D You didn't miss a whole lot of great games, maybe 20-30 titles what become (REALLY) legendary, though you can obtain those anytime digitally if you want to check out "where it all began" :D. For that purpose i have a few older machines, one with a Voodoo 3dfx video card :) The first ever gpu i used to get awesome graphics in DOS, though its a pain to set up a game to actually use it. If you're into shooters too, i can recommend you FarCry3. Really good game, with awesome graphics too. Definitely worth a playthrough :)

15. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Well, I STILL have not gotten close to a good computer, as in, I am using my school tablet for BeamNG, and it's the best computer I have. It actually works quite well, (i5 Ivy Bridge processor, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 4 GB RAM) for my standards, and they are really low (I was excited when I got 30 FPS on Minecraft when I played, and I was very astounded when I got 40 FPS on Drive with low settings).

16. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Thats actually enough for most games to run decently on low settings, though its really out of "power" if you try to boost up the visuals. Though it's not that expensive to build your own machine nowdays. The graphics card and the processor are a little expensive if you want something good (though previous generation stuff are way cheaper, and still offer very good performance), but the other components can be on the cheap side

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice