WIP Beta released Glass View Mountains Autumn Map V 0.95.1

An autumn mountainous area.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I get crash very soon after starting driving from 14 road spawn:

It seems to happen when BeamNG has a loading hiccup, which Beam tends to have few times right after loading almost any map.

Sometimes I get almost to bridge until it crashes.

Anyone else has had such?

2. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Well, you bumped the thread, but, also, you need to check what's your PC specs, sometimes, the game needs too much GB of RAM to load such maps :p

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It's resource thread of map that is still in use and operational.

Also 16GB of ram and 24GB of virtual is probably enough, this map like every other map has been working just fine, just first time testing this map in 0.11, so wondering if someone else has had same issue.

Possibilities are that something in 0.11 has something that causes it or then I have too many mods and some mod is conflicting with it, so need to ask around if someone has stumbled to issue already.

4. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, is that some mod is conflicting with your map, try disambling all mods and left only the map

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Issue currently is that as repo was disabled you can't enable/disable single mod anymore, you have to enable or disable all of them once.

Alternatively you can repack all mods that will fix that bug/missing feature.

There is no fail safe in case you can't contact repo, so ingame activate / deactivate single mod buttons won't work currently.

There is also way of manually moving mods around in folders, but all that is quite a lot more work than usually, so it is far easier to just ignore the map for now if none has had same issue.

6. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

True, the repo is under maintenance, but, at least, you have your mods there working :p

7. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

EDIT: THE MAP works in 0.11.5

#27 burilkovdeni, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  8. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

20180206232710_1.jpg 20180206233317_1.jpg 20180206235600_1.jpg 20180206235615_1.jpg

IT Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

@burilkovdeni I have some test results for you.

With i7-6700 and gtx1080 I got 30fps on this map, near 14 spawn, looking over the map.

After few changes I got 60fps most of the time, but locking brakes or doing a burnout made lot of lag.

These are changes that I made:
    Shadow distance (sun has this option) to 100m from 1400m 30 to 35fps

Removing prefabs from 35fps to 50fps

Visible distance from 4000m to 800m 50 to 60+fps

So that is with High graphics settings 1080p and dynamic reflections enabled (set to very low though).

I'm not sure why those prefabs are so heavy on CPU, but clearly they have lot to do with a lag on this map.

Also as mesh roads already are quite taxing on CPU, it does not take a lot to get CPU on it's knees.

There is probably much more that could be done, but changing those, looks are not changing much (minus the prefabs of course).

Would it then be a solution to make prefabs in Blender and use them as TSStatic objects in game?

• Like Like x 1
  11. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

The reason I made the buildings in Skectup rather then Blender is because I cannot really texture. Also in Skectup I do not have to UV's which are annoying.

When I moved the buildings from TSStatic to prefabs it improved the FPS for me.

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Do you have lods in buildings?

It seems that buildings cause big FPS hit even when I can't see them at all, so I'm thinking that there should be a way to improve FPS by making some changes to them.

UVs indeed can be annoying, certainly very time consuming. Trick with UV's in Blender is to select only faces on same side, do piece by piece. Haven't found anything else working well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice