Generic old V8 convertible, with a twist.

Discussion in 'Automation' started by PolishPetrolhead, Jul 19, 2018.

1. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-7-19_17-6-17.png upload_2018-7-19_17-8-20.png

This is my creation. I chose a year 1950 in automation and decided to see what I can come up with.

VERY IMPORTANT:
    Since it uses so old technology and since I have hardly any idea what I'm doing most of the time this car is tricky to drive. Therefore ENGINE BRAKING IS BASICALLY LIKE PULLING A HANDBRAKE. Here, there's a thing you know. Good luck with slowing down on corners, I dare you.
    Pro tip: go against your nature and give the car 10 to 15% of throttle under heavy braking. Ironically this will help you stay in control.
    Also, the engine gains and loses revs ridiculously quick. While upshifting stay on the throttle for a moment after you press the clutch (or get early on gas, doesn't matter) and keep higher revs for longer for heel and toe reductions.

On automation test track I scored 2:59.5 beating the AI in Automation by 2-3 seconds. Try your luck in getting this little devil under 3 minutes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice