WIP Beta released Generic City discussion and testing

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by jammin2222, Jun 6, 2020.

1. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Jammin',

I found the solution! I forgot I had altered my settings in my NVIDIA dashboard, when I purchased Flight Simulator 2020 two weeks ago. I messed with the Performance vs. Quality slider, thereby changing some things that should have been left to be altered by the app, and not frozen by the NVIDIA card settings. One of the things it did, was disable anisotropic filtering altogether-- which I was not aware it was doing. As soon as I went back into your map, and others... I saw that the lines are now much clearer.

It's amazing what one tiny little change can do, if you're not careful to leave breadcrumbs and retrace your steps when something goes wrong. Luckily it was a YouTube video on the subject, that ultimately helped me find the answer. So it was me & my computer all along... not your map.

The Old-- Reminder of what I first showed you.
    GenericCity--blurrylines.jpg

The New-- Ignore the fact that I blued the sky. That was my own choice, having nothing to do with the lines or blurriness.
    GenericCity--clearlines.png

The NVIDIA Dashboard 3-D Settings Page--
    NVIDIAControlPanel--3dsettings.png

2. TheDarkMike01_

TheDarkMike01_
    Expand Collapse

I have an i7-6700 and it keeps loading forever for me too.

3. xXGabeGamerXx 2

xXGabeGamerXx 2
    Expand Collapse

Im having a problem where when i try to load in the map, it just takes me to the home screen. Is anybody else having this problem?

4. ZcRiiX

ZcRiiX
    Expand Collapse

5. Zopiac

Zopiac
    Expand Collapse

Another slow loading Ryzen user here, with some log info I spotted. Particularly note the timestamp jump in the middle of these messages the latter of which being a fairly benign looking error:

Code:
    107.57965|I|LoadingManager::loadLevelJsonObjects|* ordering json took 0.001 s
    107.58087|I|LoadingManager| ===== Base       ===================================
    107.58321|I|LoadingManager|                              total 0.002 s
    107.58323|I|LoadingManager| ===== Terrain    ===================================
    108.01279|I|LoadingManager|            TerrainBlock [    1] in 0.430 s | 0.430 s/item
    108.01281|I|LoadingManager|                              total 0.430 s
    108.01282|I|LoadingManager| ===== Environment ===================================
    108.05774|I|LoadingManager|              CloudLayer [    1] in 0.045 s | 0.045 s/item
    108.06974|I|LoadingManager|                              total 0.057 s
    108.06976|I|LoadingManager| ===== Forest     ===================================
    109.48952|I|Forest::reloadData|Read 31542 forest items split into 116 different types
    1737.41554|E|TSShape::addMesh|TSShape::addMesh: Could not find mesh 'SketchUpC 2' in shape levels/Generic_City/art/shapes/sketchbuildings/LongbuildingB.dae
    1738.47003|D|PersistenceManager::readFile|Successfully opened and read /levels/generic_city/art/shapes/sketchbuildings/materials.cs
    1738.64600|D|PersistenceManager::saveDirtyFile|Successfully opened and wrote /levels/generic_city/art/shapes/sketchbuildings/materials.cs
    1738.64734|D|PersistenceManager::readFile|Successfully opened and read /levels/generic_city/art/shapes/sketchroads/materials.cs
    1738.70194|D|PersistenceManager::saveDirtyFile|Successfully opened and wrote /levels/generic_city/art/shapes/sketchroads/materials.cs
    1739.55321|D|PersistenceManager::readFile|Successfully opened and read /levels/generic_city/art/shapes/sketchbuildings/materials.cs
    1739.71141|D|PersistenceManager::saveDirtyFile|Successfully opened and wrote /levels/generic_city/art/shapes/sketchbuildings/materials.cs
    1739.71257|D|PersistenceManager::readFile|Successfully opened and read /levels/generic_city/art/shapes/sketchroads/materials.cs
    1739.73327|D|PersistenceManager::saveDirtyFile|Successfully opened and wrote /levels/generic_city/art/shapes/sketchroads/materials.cs

There's no indication of what exactly was going on in those missing 1630 seconds but after that everything seems to go smoothly, finishing loading about a minute later. Several of my cores were working fairly hard for the entire duration though, so it was trying to do something.

6. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Near as I can guess, between 109.x and 1737.x, it didn't like the SketchUp buildings. I'm assuming what it states in the given line of 1737, is what transpired between 109 & 1737.

However, if it's what transpired at 109, that affected the time between 109 & 1737, then it's probably the reading of the 31,542 forest items, split into 116 different types. All those split reads probably took a lot out of your computer. Once done, my guess is things ran a lot better.

7. notDRIFT

notDRIFT
    Expand Collapse

8. Madkirk74

Madkirk74
    Expand Collapse

it crashes while trying to load forests for me. must have something to do with the trees.

9. Jaguarek62 [MiddleMan]

Jaguarek62 [MiddleMan]
    Expand Collapse

Ryzen 5 3600
    I just can't load the map at all unfortunately.

10. crashitall

crashitall
    Expand Collapse

I am having that same problem of it refusing to load. But idk why it's only a AMD processor thing.
    Idk what's different between the 2 processors that make it unable to load.

11. Driveline Animations

Driveline Animations
    Expand Collapse

In order to properly use the map, clear cache and don't have to many other mods installed. Load the map on the landing strip, it will get stuck on a barn or something. Close the game and re open it using the landing strip again. It SHOULD work. Sometimes it doesn't and you have to keep re-opening it on the landing strip until it decides to load. This has been a pain to work around as most of my current movie is taking place on this map, it's annoying but it works nonetheless.

12. IncaSpider2990

IncaSpider2990
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice