WIP Beta released Generic City discussion and testing

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by jammin2222, Jun 6, 2020.

1. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

ouch, I really don't know what to do, but now you have loaded it once it wont need to generate the cache files again, and should be a little quicker I hope.

2. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

But anyway Bendy Road still uses one thread (10% CPU usage) and loads slow too.

3. eocbhafmis

eocbhafmis
    Expand Collapse

Is it worth trying to load the map if we have the cached files instead of trying to generate the cache files which i can't do?

I'd be willing to try that just to play it lol

4. RobloxFan2

RobloxFan2
    Expand Collapse

The AI is drunk

Attached Files:

• AIDRUNK.jpg
  5. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Sure here are my cached files.

extract the file and put the Generic_city folder in Documents\BeamNG.drive\cache.0.19.4.0\levels
    --- Post updated ---
    yep, it sees the road below as a viable path to take because they are too close together for it to know it shouldn't take that route.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. eocbhafmis

eocbhafmis
    Expand Collapse

Yeah didn't work sadly, but thanks for sending them anyway. Will wait for a more official fix i suppose.

7. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Does it just hang or crash to desktop? den_chik said he had to wait 20 minutes for it to finally load. If the game quits to desktop then waiting is useless.
    I hope I can resolve this soon, but I'm not too confident right now. Thanks for trying.

8. eocbhafmis

eocbhafmis
    Expand Collapse

Hang. I can try let it load for a while and see what happens. Regardless, since i already have the cache it's most probably going to be a 20 minute minimum load up everytime.

9. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

yeah, that's kinda sucky. Its weird it only takes me 1 minute 30 seconds to load it. I really don't know how to resolve this, I hope the moderator replies with some helpful info. I need some sleep, lets see what tomorrow brings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. eocbhafmis

eocbhafmis
    Expand Collapse

I can confirm that exactly 19 minutes later it eventually loaded. It's a bitch but fuck it, atleast i can play it. Thanks for the replies man.

11. SouthernPacificfanboi

SouthernPacificfanboi
    Expand Collapse

I have an I5-9400F 2.9ghz, 24gb DDR4 RAM, GTX 1060. It loaded the first time, then after that it got stuck.

12. Never1

Never1
    Expand Collapse

Okay i tested one simple thing... Cache... Upon deleting the "generic_city" from cache folder it will load, tried it a few times with cache , Hang on forest, once cache is removed it loads fine, unfortunately logs wont show what its trying to load, but if it helps i can send picture of the logs/ or the files as whole if you want them

Specs
    CPU: 19-9900k 5.0
    Ram: 32GB (4x8gb) 3200Mhz
    GPU: Aorus 2080ti Xtreme

So for other with issues, try deleting generic City from Cache in Documents folder

13. AdaMerlock

AdaMerlock
    Expand Collapse

Game loaded in a little over 10 mins. I5 8400 GTX 1060 and 24GB DDR4. the game "wont respond" when environment is at 11% and when it starts to load terrain.

14. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the troubles too, I hope to find an answer soon.
    When I first tried to get the map going again after 5 years I had to remove the cache to get it to load, After a few load cycles fixing broken stuff each time it stopped needing the cache cleared. So I thought I had fixed the issue as well as cut the file size in half. I was confident the map was back in a working state at this point because all the loading issues for me had been resolved. I guess there is still something janky hiding somewhere. I hope I can find the issue soon.
    Thanks for the info, That's two i5 processors mentioned now. So ryzen and i5 have slow loading issues. This is a strange problem to troubleshoot, I hope I can figure it out soon. Sorry about that. Someone else mentioned clearing the cache made it load for them, I would try that for now until I have more answers.
    --- Post updated ---
    ok, so I just found a bunch of cached file for the trees in with the trees. I don't think they are meant to be there so I removed them and tested the map. It all still loads the same for me, but it may have been confusing things. After I removed those files, the map generated the cache for the trees again.
    I have updated the main post with the new version to try. I doubt the problem is fixed, but those files shouldn't have been there.
    Let me know how you get on, Thanks for your input so far.

Edit: I found some more cached file for the rocks too, Yet another update in the main post.
    Sorry about this.

#34 jammin2222, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  15. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Today I tried to load the map at second try. In first it have loaded at 19 min equal yesterday. Just after loading I have quitted from the map and tried load it again. After 30 (!) min nothing happened at 0% of process. Then I've shut up the game, reloaded game and tried again. Conclusion: when just after start of loading here is 0% the game will not load at all. When I see 11% at terrain load it will load for appr. 19 min. I didn't clear the cache. Screenshots below.

Attached Files:

• 2020-06-07at15-43-15.png
    • 2020-06-07at15-46-28.png
    #35 den_chik, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  16. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I haven't found anything else that seems out of place yet, so I have started to compare the maps files with other maps. I'm trying to see if there are old files left over from the old days before .json files were so much of a thing. I found two files relating to decals that seem to be no longer needed, but I think the old files will just be ignored anyway. I have shuffled some stuff around in the scene tree to make it more like other maps, but I don't think it makes any difference to anything. The terrain files are all pointing to the correct places too. If it loads for me I can't really tell if any changes have made a difference.
    I have just uploaded my current changes, I doubt it's fixed anything though. The hunt continues.

17. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

it seems the game gets caught up at random points in loading for me
    sometimes its at 0% and it just dies.
    but as soon as i manually delete my cache, it loads fine

check to see if your map creates any vestigial files in the cache after its first load that is causing issues.

18. Never1

Never1
    Expand Collapse

Okay testing done again, the new thread version loads with no issue back to back ( with cache or with out ) as for the crashing on reloading the scene, it happened to me once the first time.. but ive not had it happen again, ive tried multiples reloading with the level loaded already, ive tried going from other levels, ive cleared cache, have not run into that issue.

Here ive posted a vid just loading the thread version of map with no cache, reloading , then close and starting game and do it again, with no issue.
    keep in mind with the repo version it would crash WITH the cache, regardless of if you were reloading map or restarting the game entirely so any changes you have made so far on thread version have fixed my issues with it crashing

• Like Like x 1
  19. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

As far as I can see the cache generates properly for me and I don't require the cache to be cleared in order for the map to load in under 90 seconds.
    My first few attempts at loading the original map needed the cache cleared every time. After checking the log and fixing errors each time, the map started to load without the need for it to be cleared. I will continue to look for issues, but with my limited skills I'm running out of things to try. Sorry if i have already asked this, but do you have a AMD or Intel CPU? Some people with ryzen CPU's say it takes 20 minutes to load. Which makes me think there may be a deeper problem with the game. Intel users seem to say it loads in reasonable time but some attempts crash.
    Well That's kind of good news. It would rarely cash on reloads for me before the changes. Maybe 1 in 10 attempts. It was a non zero chance so I listed it as a known issue, just as a heads up. Turned out to be more of a problem than I thought. I think some people are still having a 20 minute load time with ryzen CPU's, its early days, I'm not confident enough to say its fixed yet.
    Your video shows it still loads differently to mine, but I'm on windows 7, the same machine I made the map on years ago. I don't have a Youtube account or I would post how mine loads.
    Thanks for the testing, its positive news at least :)

20. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

yup
    ive got an Intel and it does just that: crash
    you hit it on the nose

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice