General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

im going to be away from school for a couple of days my grandfather is on his last legs.

- - - Updated - - -

and somehow a kid on my bus broke a window when I wasn't on the bus.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, I just had a look at the careers info on the cosworth website. Considering their headquarters and then secondary UK facility are both within commuting distance of here plus they actually have quite a bit of computing stuff going (I mean someone has to develop their fancy engine management units and telemetry devices etc) I dont see why not.

3. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I remember the first day of like 5th grade or something we were like an hour late because the driver smacked a basketball hoop that was by the side of the road and cracked one of the windows. For some reason this warranted the cops coming and getting info from each kid. (The bus was full.)

4. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

I posted this in February, but our bus got stuck on an icy patch uphill and we had to flag down some strangers who had kitty litter in their trunk for some reason and get them to spread that litter on the ice so we wouldn't slide backwards and crash and die and all that shit.

5. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

They probably had litter in case it happened to their own vehicle.

6. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

7. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Why would they have a big box of kitty litter in the back of an early 00's Hyundai for in case they got stuck?

8. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

You just said it.
    Some people carry kitty litter around with them in the winter so they don't get stranded. It's the same concept of taking a spare tire everywhere in case you get a flat.
    I don't understand why its so hard to wrap your mind around.

9. DWPro

DWPro
    Expand Collapse

Becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerlock:
    If you get stuck in the snow, and your tires can't get grip, anything isn't slippery is going to help them grip. Here in Bosnia we use tree branches because they work rather well, or we steal the rocks from the street and push that under the tires.

10. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I was just working on my CPU architecture, and I just implemented the stack. Next up is call/return, then I need to add I/O.

Bonzi Buddy approves this message.

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

My architecture has gone from intending to be nasty, to not actually being that nasty, just being compact...
    I dont even have a dedicated load instruction as an unused operand in the read instruction can be used to read from the top of the stack or read a literal. Jump again can jump to a literal memory address or from the top of the stack, optionally can save the target literal address to the top of the stack... So theres jump, jump subroutine and return all crammed into 1 instruction...

12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I've crammed all my arithmetic into one instruction. The first 8 bits are the ATH (AriTHmetic) opcode, then the next 8 bits signify which arithmetic operation to do.

What language are you using? I'm using C.

I've named my architecture MRL32.

13. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

Thought I'd let you guys know how interesting this is to watch... I've learned more than I expected to from this thread :)

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I've gone for C#. Currently saved as TCPU for tiny CPU

15. DWPro

DWPro
    Expand Collapse

RADIO JE TADA AVDIJA K'O ŠTO RADI DESET ARMIJA

#19575 DWPro, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  16. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

I've been making a Psycho poster for my English class, I'm not sure what else to add it it, it feels empty and incomplete, what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

• Psycho Poster.jpg
  17. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

* Boy's

Sorry, but if it's English class...

18. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

...thanks but... yeah thanks

EVEN BETTER! Photoshop isn't letting me edit the text... it only wants to make a new layer over the text, thanks photshop, I'd love to add some text over this text so the text can be unreadable.

Hey! Look! Repitition!

19. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Move the s over, type an apostrophe, move inbetween s and y, done.

20. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

To be honest it makes one of the greatest horror films of all time look like a 50's B-movie. The indelicate red text/eyes mixed with the floating heads practically screams corny. And that's fantastic if that was your intention. Now, it's probably just personal preference, but I'd go for something more understated. You're always better off underpresenting than overpresenting, with horror in particular.

Not that I at all object to the do-it-yourself mantra, but what's stopping you from using the actual film poster?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice