General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I seemed to have somehow forgot.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

They are the same. NVidia makes the GTX750 chip. An MSI one is just MSI slapping that chip on a board and selling it. EVGA slap the chip on a board and sell it. Its the same fucking thing and you could have fucking worked that out for yourself. If you really want input, EVGA sometimes overclock them, sometimes MSI overclocks them, you can work out the difference for yourself, want more input? Never had any reliability issues with EVGA myself, never tried MSI, reviews would answer that one, you can find those for yourself.

Now I am going to go and make an independent thought on what I need to get from the supermarket for my packed lunch for work tomorrow and to finish off dinner tonight.

3. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

Do you think i care?

Oh and btw msi puts different coolers on it m8

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Just buy whichever of the two is cheapest. They are both 750's the silicon lottery will probably account for more than the cooler will between those two cards.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Then look at reviews and see which one runs cooler then, christ even my 7 year old sister has worked out if you dont know something then google has the answer.

6. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Take that into account when making this decision for yourself.

Kay?

7. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

lol no i wasnt planning on buying one of them i just saw them on sale and was just wondering which is better

8. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

You walked right into that one, you're asking another question even by saying this.

Do YOU think you care?

9. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

So it's illegal to have a weapon on your or in your car in the U.K.? Huh.
    The heaviest thing that I have loose in the passenger compartment of my car is a 1 inch thick book. Sometimes I keep a toolbox in the trunk which has a pretty good sized ratchet in it, but it hasn't been in there for the past week or so. My trunk is completely empty.
    I don't ever feel threatened while driving and I never do anything to make people mad.
    If someone were trying to attack me, I'd lock the doors and make use of my 4,000lb steel box for necessary offensive or defensive action.

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Honestly the flashlight is primarily there in the event I need a flashlight, its just on the subject of weaponry in vehicles, yeah my flashlight may be suitable for clubbing someone with. Its a pretty bright one so rather excellent for its role as a flashlight.

But yeah. Arming yourself in the UK generally does not happen. You can carry a folding or retractable utility blade under 3" in length, although it may not have a locking mechanism (which therefore excludes a conventional stanley knife) for no actual reason, however should you be searched by a police officer they will usually query why on earth you have it and try to pin something on you.

Self defense is not a thing here, seriously, someone attacks you, yeah you can disable them hand to hand only and restrain until police arrive, they shoot at you and you stab them in the chest, you will be charged for manslaughter, retarded. Firearms in public is immediate armed response.

The only excusable exceptions to knifes in public are when you can provide a genuine valid reason. If you are transporting a load of fishing gear and you have a gutting knife you will be excused. My work knife, my car was searched recently (did I post about that?) and my work knife was found, I was asked why I had it to which I replied that its the box cutting knife I use at work, the total blade length is within 3", it is retractable, it does not lock (its spring loaded to retract), its extended length is under 1". Nothing more was said on that matter, especially considering it was with my work boots and high vis jacket.
    Having a handgun on the front seat ready for gangsta wannabes, you're going down. Firearms in cars are transport only, advisable to bring your paperwork with you on that one.

11. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the 21st century....

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

12. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!!!!

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Just to 1 up you. I substitute the android tablet for a windows tablet (HP Stream 7, cheap'n'cheerful but I like it) and add a desktop to boot :p

14. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Now I'm done with the cop career of Rivals.
    I think it was way to easy, espacially the last mission though.
    It took me 30 seconds to get it done.
    So, I guess now that I'm done with that, I can start the racer career.

15. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

I've never thought of carrying blunt objects in my car, and I suppose that it couldn't be too bad of an idea. I know a few people living near the border that keep a handgun in their glovebox, though I doubt that would really be necessary (I don't personally own a gun, and I don't have plans on buying one). If anyone started chasing me, I'd probably just drive to a busy parking lot or police station and try to keep moving. The only thing that could be classified as a weapon in my car is a tire iron, some toe ropes, and a pair of jump leads, though I'll keep a heavy flash light in the back in the case that I need one. :p

16. DWPro

DWPro
    Expand Collapse

Anyone knows how to put Windows on a Android x86 tablet? Getting one soon, and would prefer Windows over Android. (tablet in question is a Tesla L7)

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

They lack a PC compatible UEFI/BIOS so cannot run windows. Sorry dude.

18. DWPro

DWPro
    Expand Collapse

Hey I'll get it for dirt cheap (something like 0.5€ monthly for 24 months) and it has a Atom that is weaker than my S400 and 2GB of RAM. Even though I think Windows and WP are inferior to Android, I'll try to get around with it.

19. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

I was browsing through photos from my old phone and found this one:

(imported from here)
    this is in Telluride, Colorado.

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You do have to consider the whole AMD versus Intel thing though. It too applies to an Atom versus a snapdragon. There are many technologies at work in the x86 chips to accelerate performance somewhat and they do work well, although snapdragon then has the bonus of RISC. A decent compiler these days can usually achieve better performance on a RISC type architecture than CISC.

We have 2 Tesco Hudl 2 tablets. Android on x86, fucking solid. Battery is only thing to really watch for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice