General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion chat

from what i can tell gta 5 and gta 4 are both opposites in terms of vehicle handling. GTA4 was fairly slow and heavy with cars that wobbled around the road, i quite liked that to be honest. GTA5 has very light nimble cars that can be flung around more without spinning out or tipping over. They both have benefits and drawbacks but i imagine that GTA5 handling will be just fine. But i think that if its going to replace GTA4 as my go to drive around somewhere that feels real with good music then someone may have to mod it a bit. But it should be fun either way.

I just hope that i can play it with some friends at some point, but im not sure if they will just continue with dota and cs:go without bothering with GTA5.

2. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

We should totally have a BeamNG crew in GTA Online.

3. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

I tried both ways out. I did the Mustang by modeling every part individually and on the Del Sol by modeling the shell first..The del sol ended up way better and I needed maybe half of the time modeling it compared to the Mustang. My opinion: It is best to start with the shell, get the proportions 100% right and after that cut the bodypanels out and give them some depth and add more detail.

Totally!! Can't wait also :)

4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

5. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

There are quite a few of the tech YouTubers who are fairly excited about the stuff that AMD has. Many of them have actually already seen bits and bobs behind closed doors at conventions etc. Im really interested because this time round they will probably do more than rebadge stuff.
    Also bear in mind that the gtx980 isnt the highest end card in the 900 series, there will probably be a ti card as well as possibly something even higher than that (titan for example). I really hope AMD starts pushing nvidia and Intel again so we can increase the rate of higher performance on the PC.

6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

In 5, all cars are way too grippy, they reach their top speeds in about 5 seconds, stop way way too fast, and lack any decent form of suspension.
    4 had everything pinpointed except anti roll bars. They had the grip, the acceleration and the stopping down, but all of the cars had super soft suspension that rolled way too much.
    5's driving ruins the whole game for me. It sucks so, so bad. I can't stand it.

7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

They might mean the 390x. The 380x is a refined 290x. The 390x is a new GCN uarch and absolutely massive. It might be bigger than the TITAN black (over 650mm^2) and have HBM. I could see it being near the 295x if done well.

8. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

I've found that polyflow and overall model quality is more dependent on the modeler's skill level over modeling method. Do whatever you're more comfortable with and experiment with different styles later on.

That's because you picked up a buttload of experience from the Mustang and applied it to the Del Sol. ;)

9. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

10. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

It's good for sports cars and supercars, terrible for SUVs and trucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Might want to wait until AMD's 300 series is out. If the 390x is as impressive as it seems, it might be worth buying.

Fuck it, I'm obviously gonna buy a 970 as soon as I can afford it :|

11. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

True haha.. I had no idea what I was doing :D

12. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

| PRAISE LORD JARKKO OIKARINEN |
    IRC #BeamNG Log - 16-2-2015
    ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ​Your favorite place since 2013 ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Some of todays log was lost...
    http://danieljon.es/beamng/BeamNG-16-2-2015.txt

13. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

PC will make it how you want it.

14. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Little something for Veyron who seems to think the Opel Omega & Holden VT Commodore share an interior:
    Opel:
    OPELOmegaCaravan-1027_3.jpg
    Holden:
    holden_commodore_vt_ser2_02.jpg

15. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

So it appears that AMD is releasing a new card. Good, hopefully it puts AMD back on top where they belong.

Now, AMD, go work on your fucking CPUs, will you?

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

AMD are having an absolute fucking laugh on their CPU business.

Phenom to FX was a step backwards in all metrics except TDP and core count. The phenom cores were faster on their own than half an FX module, also weren't crippled in multicore performance from being stuck into modules.

FX should have been faster, was bottlenecked by its shared floating point unit per module (APUs, phenom and all Intel have 1 fpu per core, FX effectively has 1 for every 2 cores) and the shared instruction prefetcher. The FX prefetcher is designed to cope with 2 cores and generally does, but in 1st gen FX it still couldn't keep a core fed as easily as phenoms could.
    2nd gen FX fixed prefetching and improved the pipeline. FX is not faster than phenom, except when it comes to anything floating point where the stupid fpu sharing becomes an issue again.

Next gen fx. Split the prefetchers. Add a 2nd fpu, leave them shared, but have 2. A single fpu can be used for 2 single precision operations at once or 1 double precision (both amd and Intel). In fx, 1 core each can do 1 single precision, or 1 can do double or 1 can do 2 single precision ops, in Intel, no shared fpu, the core can do 2 single precision ops whenever it wants. Change fx to 2 shared fpus, assuming only 1 core in the module wants to use the fpu, 4 single precision operations, or 2 cores can do floating point without being crippled.

Still having a laugh with tdp in fx series though.

17. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I actually didn't really do all that much research into the Phenom series when I originally built my computer. Lo and behold, when I looked into it, I found that the Phenom equivalent to my FX-6100 (which is the 1060t(?) or something like that) was about 20% faster. I actually cried. The Phenom was about $10 cheaper and uses the same socket (AM2-AM3+ same pin layout) AND the BIOS of my original ASRock Extreme3 supported them.

I want to see AMD kill the FX line. They really are not that great. I want to see individual FPUs, hyper-threading, low TDPs, all at AMD prices. It may be wishful thinking, but AMD needs to do that, or they're in trouble.

18. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

I dropped my iPhone in the toilet.

19. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

So i was riding a tram around that BMW dealer once again
    The i8 is still there. Also all sorts of brand new Beamers.
    But then, when the tram passed the gate to their backyard i got a glimpse of something really big and red. it was parked there 90 degrees to the tram, so i got a straight a look onto the fascia. It took me a few miliseconds to realize that is a fascia of a 2015 GMC Sierra. There was a white BMW 3.ser sedan, and my god, it was SO TINY compared to the import.
    Hell, how do they get these things onto the road in Europe?

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

They look massive, except they really arent *quite* as huge as they appear.

Dodge RAM, full crew cab + duallies etc. Not any bigger than a ford transit or mercedes sprinter, sure thats still big, but the vans fit our roads and the big american trucks do too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice