General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion chat

But.
    That'd be calling myself stupid. Which I most certainly am not.
    I have to weigh on on the language, thing, since I'm quite an advocate of cursing.
    I think strictly enforced clean language rules a big load of bulls-err...um, unfavorable. Especially on a forum that's got a 16 age rule in the first place.
    I don't like environments which cursing is completely absent from. It's just so...fake I guess. Having to use dang, shoot, frick, etc in place of curse words is the worst part about it. It's demoralizing. I'm ashamed of myself when I have to. I hate having to censor myself. Hate hate hate it.
    Don't even respond to this post if you are gonna flame or be immature. This forum is so full of constant fights already. This one just finished and I sure as heck (ugh) don't want to be the one to start it back up.

2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

3. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

You do realize you can email support and ask for a username change, right?

I used to be Crazyboy335. Emailed support and got it changed to my current.

4. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I know that.
    What I meant by that was, no matter my new username, I'll always be Potato. It's so strange and stupid that it'll just stick with me

#12424 Potato, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  5. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

or just, don't use them at all.

i swear a fair amount on skype, but it's not that hard to just not add in those words XD

6. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

Is it 2.6 megs ? if yes , same here .

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

My PC can't even do small FFTs in Prime95 without throttling at 75c. And that's only at 4.4GHz. D: (I'm trying to get a comparison temp so I can see if flipping my top case fan does anything.)

8. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

VeyronEB : "How can you not drive this car with a keyboard?" (Screen sharing him driving on ECA)
    Me : "It's cause I was driving on East Coast Usa--Err Fuck off! HIrochi Raceway"
    xD

9. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Nah.
    I'm not the type to cower away from swearing. It's how I talk irl so it's how I talk here.
    And using appropriate substitutions for them is demeaning for me.
    This dang car.
    ugh
    Shameful.

10. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I agree that there's a place for cursing, but I've just never really been a fan of it. Not purely for moral reasons, but just because it's hard for me to take anyone seriously when they use it [excessively]. Not that 'dang' or 'shoot' come off as any better.

The other reason I don't like cursing, though, is that it's just not all that great an insult. You'd be better off delivering a message of personal, deep hatred than using some cookie cutter phrase to express your opinion of your fellow man. If there's a meaningful difference between delivering some generic card to someone you care about, and a bouquet of flowers that his/her mother/father/loved one cared for deeply, then why as an insult would you settle for a middle finger where a bouquet of something they're deathly allergic to (e.g. angry cobras) will deliver the message more profoundly? You want your adversary to know how deeply, personally, passionately you hate them. Don't tell them to f*ck off, tell them that their greatest potential impact on society is the likelihood that they'll get hit by a train, and their liver will go to some poor schmuck whose condition is bad enough, he won't care about whatever STD your enemy has. Or tell them that you and his mother have been talking (after some fantastic nights), and even though you both love him, you wish to set him down and talk about how greatly dissapointed you both are in him and his life choices. Get in their head. Make them think. If they spend even a moment milling an insult over, you've made markedly greater an impact than just swearing at them.

11. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes, I agree. No curse word can take the place of a well thought out insult.
    I tend to avoid cursing much when I'm arguing with someone, or insulting them.
    I mainly just use them as adjectives in normal speech, which I think is where they fit best.

12. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

Are you the same Potato I know?

13. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

HOLY MOTHER OF FLAMING TOASTerS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON
    (it's okay, I live in california too)

14. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

IRC is a completely different discussion. Especially when it comes to arguing with people like you :|

15. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

"like [me]"

16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Being banned was kinda nice because I couldn't get myself into stupid petty arguments like this.

17. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

How is that an argument, I was merely quoting you.

18. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

How isn't it an argument?
    A small dispute?
    A discussion?
    A dissagreement?
    Whatever.
    Where the hell did the rest of the forum go? I fell like I'm talking to myself.

19. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

The rest of the forum is unable to communicate because they've given themselves concussions from facepalming too hard.

20. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

I'd imagine bed, it is pretty late in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

- - - Updated - - -

IRC Report - 7-2-2015
    Comedic happenings:
    WhiteKnight!uid65591@uxbridge.irccloud.com: > Oh dan you should be the techy at my school
    This was typed literally just before I purged the log, here's what this log is missing:
    2015-02-06 11:56:35 daniel_j!~the.best.@i.take.awful.pictures: > only 2 new screws to add to my extra screw collection after the re assembly
    2015-02-06 11:56:39 daniel_j!~the.best.@i.take.awful.pictures: > i call that a success

2015-02-06 11:57:40 daniel_j!~the.best.@i.take.awful.pictures: > somethings rattling inside, but i bet it isnt my fault

2015-02-06 11:57:42 daniel_j!~the.best.@i.take.awful.pictures: > >_>
    I had just taken a laptop apart to investigate an issue, and after reassembly I had two new screws to add to my collection; happens to everyone.. right? <_<

2015-02-06 15:29:55 ozzx!~ozzking93@va-76-4-78-86.dhcp.embarqhsd.net: > twerk
    2015-02-06 15:30:01 ozzx!~ozzking93@va-76-4-78-86.dhcp.embarqhsd.net: > :D/-<
    2015-02-06 15:30:07 ozzx!~ozzking93@va-76-4-78-86.dhcp.embarqhsd.net: > :D\-<
    2015-02-06 15:30:10 ozzx!~ozzking93@va-76-4-78-86.dhcp.embarqhsd.net: > :D
    Today we also learnt that ozzx obviously has no idea what twerking is, or how to do it. gg.

2015-02-06 22:55:09 Archmen_mustaff!Archmen_mu@3pg-38CA18D6.customer.cdi.no: > If you want free steam money click here > <DUMB LINK TO A SCAM HERE>
    2015-02-06 22:55:23 daniel_j!~the.best.@i.take.awful.pictures: > <Kicked him> rchmen_mustaff :no scams here please
    2015-02-06 22:56:00 TechnicolorDalek!~TheWorst@i.take.awful.pictures: > Free money? A scam?
    2015-02-06 22:56:01 TechnicolorDalek!~TheWorst@i.take.awful.pictures: > Surely not!
    2015-02-06 22:56:12 Allawalla!Allawalla@3pg-38CA18D6.customer.cdi.no: > Its not
    2015-02-06 22:56:24 Allawalla!Allawalla@3pg-38CA18D6.customer.cdi.no: > you share the link and get points
    2015-02-06 22:56:31 Allawalla!Allawalla@3pg-38CA18D6.customer.cdi.no: > True legit!
    2015-02-06 22:56:34 daniel_j!~the.best.@i.take.awful.pictures: > and we dont care for it here

mmm, scams, gotta love them.

Anyway, here's todays log!
    http://danieljon.es/beamng/BeamNG-7-2-2015.txt

Who likes the above YouTube video ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
    http://lyricstranslate.com/en/boten-anna-anna-bot.html
    >6 hours since last person posted here.
    Even IRC isn't this dead.

#12440 daniel_j, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice