General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion chat

I did it differently anyway.

3.png

2. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Don't get it. But, I found some cool free glass music, go here. This guy is a personal friend of my parents. http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/downloads/353616

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Are they trying to infantilize or pussify everyone? I noticed that whenever they have these "smart people" schools it's horrendously... overbearing in how it pushes a certain mode of thought. If I was completely mental I'd have a conspiracy in my head about how it was some government plot to stifle free thought but I honestly just think that "San fransisco culture" has hijacked education with social justice. I was made to do something like that in my school when I attended, it was going through some hyper liberal phase of really gunning for "all inclusiveness" and pushing some strange "love everyone and always be friendly" attitude on us. I'm certainly a liberal, but I'm not THAT liberal. So the whole "write a message to everyone in your class/year" task was par for the course, they wanted you to send nice messages around the school to all the other students. So what I decided to do was counter it with giving out messages with complete honesty about the recipient and signing it with my name.

So there's 3 kinds of message to write

The person you don't talk to or care about
    "I think of you as amicable, yet dull. I regret admitting that you are of no consequence to me. My condolences."

Someone who is a cunt to you
    "I find you extremely petty and utterly contemptible but at least that makes you interesting. I like you for giving me the occasional exciting argument or fight that breaks up the boring day-to-day stuff. You're not my valentine, I have to say. But thankyou for the sheer excitment I feel whenever you try to set my hair on fire"

Someone you know and like
    "Hey I know you already, this message is pretty pointless as you are already fully aware that I enjoy your company. So enjoy my opinion about this assignment instead."

The trick is to use a wide vocabulary and never duplicate your messages so you can point out that you put throught into your messages and you decided to be honest. I'm thinking of offering this anecdote as advice, please use a school's idiotic assignments as an instrunment for pissing off the staff. And whatever you do, when asked to apologize... never apologize. That way you prepare yourself for the real world by staying outside of the hugbox. You come out of school as a decent person with some strength of character, instead of these mindless hypersensitive idiots I keep having to deal with in my university.

4. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

@hati Yep, you nailed it. And the teacher's response to me telling them that I know no one is, "you should have been making friends." I'm antisocial and I only have a few friends for a reason.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It's for that reason I believe the assignment is stupid. Not everyone can accomplish it, that and it's dumb to force people to write valentines notes to the entire school.
    Are men just writing to women and vice versa or is it to everyone?

6. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

#12206 redrobin, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  7. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

To everyone. Yep.
    Found this, want. $11k. http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/612674121/overview/#

8. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

man, looking at a lot of the community screenshots just makes me want to get my gpu even more, so i can run the game in settings that actually look nice

and use maps other then gridmap

9. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Yes, hello, Ford? You know that new Focus RS? Yea, the one coming to America? Mhm, well, I'd like 3 of them, please.

10960272_10152998280605049_8451302864230867487_o.jpg

10. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Apparently my definition of curing boredness is to stare at my desktop and down roll after roll of Lifesavers.

help me

11. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

hey so you guys remember how forever ago i was trying to dual-boot windows 7 onto my pc but enver could get it working because GPT partitioning?

well i finally got it to work :D

yes, i can play driver:sf on my pc now, and MM2 (without using a VM)

hell to the yeah

12. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I'm not going to be playing Beam for until my Tech Preview expires.

STOP USING SO MUCH RAM AT IDLE YOU BASTARD!
    datmemusage.JPG

13. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

Micro IRC update;
    Some guy came on complaining about the lack of progress and dalek and others took to him. This guy could not say a single sentence without cursing. He was later warned by tomartix.

It gets better, he claims to be a IT technician. But as Cira stated a IT technician just be a guy putting in Lan cables in a server room...

Stay tuned for Daniels update
    . image.jpg
    image.jpg

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Wtf happened to control+space.

New vehicle selector now occupies the control-E combo of the old selector. Control-space looks sexy as fuck though, when it works in future

15. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

fucking windows

it won't activate whatsoever, so make that 30 days of driver:sf and MM2 before i'm back to VM

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

ctrl+space? You know space on its own opened it :p

18. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

This is absolutely brilliant.

I had a similar assignment once, I simply handed out blank papers. It worked, since they weren't signed and nobody knew who had been handing out blank papers.

19. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Windows 8.1 is better than 7.
    FIGHT!

20. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i agree

but ubishit won't fix driver:sf, otherwise i wouldn't even bother trying to get windows 7 working

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice