General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion chat

Why do people here lust for crown Vic's so badly? Its just a somewhat uninteresting full size sedan.
    Its no different.

I fully get the Felicia worship. I had one, it really was a wonderfully charming little car. OK so to most people its a shitbox, but it was my shitbox. I loved it and fully plan to get another, whether that be in 10 years or 10 days I will have another Felicia in my possession.

2. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

You're not American. You wouldn't understand the gloriousness of a Crown Vic. Beautiful cars really. Simple, elegant, yet powerful...

3. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

You're not Czech. You wouldn't understand the gloriousness of a Felicia. Beautiful cars really. Simple, elegant, yet powerful.

4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

And incredibly inefficient. A huge V8 with as much power as... A 2 litre I4 from a Subaru WRX. If I wanted a full size RWD sedan I'd be looking nowhere but BMW.
    The crown vic was meant to be a police car, and that's it.

5. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'd like a BMW too, but they're a pain in the U.S. Not only are they expensive, they are terrible to have any maintenance done on them. My cousin had to pay over $2000 on maintenance on her BMW she got for $5000. They aren't worth the money even though they are great cars. If something minor happens to an older BMW here, it's practically totaled. My friend sold his 2001 bmw and got a new car because he got in a minor crash and had to replace a door and a bumper. It would've cost him more than his car was worth to replace the parts. It's ridiculous. I'm not saying Crown Vic would be my first choice either. Heck, I don't even really care for full-size sedans. A 2-door coupe would suit me best. But alas, I'm stuck with a truck (which isn't all that bad considering it has RWD and 4WD when I want it to and a 300hp 5.3L V8).

6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I like them because they never strayed from their roots. The LTD started off in the 50s as a big car. It stayed big, body on frame, and v8 until the end of it's production in 2011.
    While the malibu's, impalas, camaro's, mustangs, and pretty much every other american car in the late 70s and early 80s got smaller and downsized, they stayed the same size, body on frame, and with a v8. They defied the evolution of car design and ideas.
    I love that.
    It's kinda like a much needed "fuck you" to the econoboxes and small, efficient sedans.
    Just as we americans don't understand why you europeans lust after Skoda Felicias, you europeans don't understand why we lust after Crown vics.
    I'll respect your opinions of cars (the only time I ever hate on european cars is when I explain why I don't like them. Even then I still respect your opinions on them), and I'd appreciate it if you returned the favor.
    Anyway, I went and looked at the gun shop Crown Vic. It's in pretty good shape. Tires are pretty much brand new, but have leaked down over the years of sitting there. Last registration on the plate is 07. Dude told my dad when he stopped in earlier that it doesn't run and belongs to the owner of the building. Could be a simple fix. Could be something a little more complicated.
    I bet I could pick that thing up for cheap. Real cheap. I figure I'll offer the guy 500 bucks for it if my dad'll let me, then work out a way to get it home and into the basement. Figure I'll try and flip this one, and keep the one I found at the machine shop. Or I may keep this one if it turns out to be nicer than the one at the machine shop.
    Then, even if I do get it running, the transmission could turn out to be junk. Even then I could throw in a new tranny and still turn a pretty good profit.
    Plan to go look at it this saturday. And I'll see the machine shop crown vic that I'm now committed to buy as soon as the title comes in.
    Yeah. I definitely don't have a problem.
    Machine shop crown vic: http://imgur.com/a/ueSLn
    Gun shop crown vic: http://imgur.com/a/hWT8Y

#5606 Potato, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  7. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Im not American and I've had a hard on for FCV's since I first heard of them.
    sc2.jpg
    So sleek

8. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

What I want is to snag the '89 Stang GT off my grandpa. He bought it as a parts car for $600. The guy he bought it from was going to restore it for his son. He, the guy my grandpa bought it from, drove to a body shop got it sand blasted and primed (the sand blasters blew out all the windows except the windshield in the process) then it wouldn't run for him to take it home so he sold it as parts car. When my grandpa got it home he investigated why it wouldn't start. Turns out the ignition wiring got busted in the sand blasting. He fixed the wiring and it fired right up. The body is in really good condition with no rust. It would just need windows, paint, and headlights (and a thorough cleaning to get all the sand out from inside). It's got a really clean Ford 5.0 in it. It has a few modifications done to the 5.0 as well. It apparently, according to the previous owner, has around 425 Horsepower.

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

I like them because ford(anyone who knows me will know why ford is a reason), cheap to purchase, own, insure, and do maintenance on, and will seat me & my siblings no problem (6 seats) and honestly, 9 second 0-60 isnt that slow in real world situations (my parents expedition have a 9 second 0-60 and it feels way faster then that in real-world driving, and the crown vic has similar power to our expedition, so will probably be slightly faster since its a lighter vehicle)

Also V8 sounds amazing IMO

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

10. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Just because you perceive 9 seconds as fast doesn't mean it is fast.

11. Brett

Brett
    Expand Collapse

Glad you see the light, Vic's are some nasty ass cars.

12. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

The 4.6 in crown vics is orgasmic.

They are kinda sluggish, but you can't forget that they weigh 4,000 pounds.
    Simple to work on, cheap to buy and insure, and tough.
    Really tough.
    They're awesome.

#5612 Potato, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

well duh

but IMHO, how fast it SEEMS is the important part as that's what you'll be experiencing

also if i really needed to, i can always upgrade the engine with aftermarket parts to get it faster if it absolutley ends up having to happen

but i doubt i will, as sadly because 'Murica, people who don't need suvs get them anyway and most suvs have 9 second 0-60 times (and most people aren't lead foots either, so they don't get the full torque available from the engine)

but anyway it's just an opinion some people will like the crown vic, some people won't

14. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

I just realized my username has to do with the KKK, They call themselves the 'WhiteKnights' I call them the 'To stupid to realize we are all human'

15. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

omggggg repr0thed 4 rasist

16. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

I bought my Vic/Grand Marquis two weeks ago. It is an absolute couch. It rides amazingly and handle great due to speed-sensitive power steering and air-suspension. I floored it getting on the highway about an hour ago and that thing hauls some serious ass. The seats are legitimately the most comfortable thing I have ever sat in. You could sleep in the trunk or the back seat and to top it off?

18.5mpg (12.7L/100km) city and 29.2mpg (8.1L/100km) highway. My dash has a metric/imperial switch.

Not bad for a 4100lbs, V8 sedan.

Attached Files:

• GMLRQ.jpg
  17. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

that moment when this post gets more thanks than my dev screens
    neutral-poker-face-no-text-l.png

18. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

My dad yelled at me once for having a guy named "WhitePower" in my PS3 friends list. I didn't understand why he was mad until he said the guys name aloud. For like a year and half I had been calling this guy WhitePowder and he never corrected me *facepalm*

19. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

I feel sorry for you then...
    Thanks.PNG

20. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

fgt

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice