General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion chat

Crown vics are cheaper (and IMO more awesome because RWD) :p (probably what ill be getting as a first car)

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

2. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it's probably a fairly straight forward problem, but I'm just afraid I'm gonna have to tear all of the doors down to go on a wiring hunt.
    It's coming from the front, and could be any of the things you listed, and more.
    I just need some time to crawl under the car and do some wiggling and visual inspection of parts. Didn't have any time to do that today.
    Although I don't mind automatic transmissions, they're a bitch to troubleshoot and work on. I suspect it's a Jmod, though. Considering the dude put a hot air intake under the hood, and took out the MAF sensor in the process, I wouldn't put it past him to sacrifice the longevity of his transmission for the sake of a little bit of a speed advantage. My opinion is that crown vics are slow, and there's no way to fix that without making big changes, so just leave the shit stock. :|
    Anyway, I'll definitely get rid of that intake and stick the stock airbox back in there, making sure to include the MAF.
    I'd also like to undo the J-mod, if that happens to be what is causing the hard shifts, because I don't want to be sticking a new tranny in this thing anytime soon.
    Normally I'd be a little distraught by these problems, but it's really hard to beat a 1,000 dollar car that is this nice.

tfw you order official apple earbuds on amazon and they send you knockoffs.

#5522 Potato, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  3. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I've got to have one. I've got to have one. I NEED ONE.

Oh god, my Apple is showing.

4. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Well today was a good day. First I cleaned up my Civic, waxed and all.

10698706_315979028586087_6325628901138691676_n.jpg

Then I got to mark something off my bucket list, Drove a RHD vehicle today. Brand new Jeep Wrangler too. RHD is very rare in the states. Was weird lol.

1461650_315992185251438_7923531548753862673_n.jpg

5. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Personally, my only problem with apple products is price & software compatibility (or in case of mobile devices, ios itself, and on iphone 6 build quality)

- - - Updated - - -

I remember my first ever pc master race game, that Hasbro operation game from 2000, I wonder if I still have the disc anywhere

6. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Aw yee, look at this new home screen. I'm so obviously cooler than everyone.
    oAmOMxn.jpg

7. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

If by some incredible feat that I actually did end up getting a new iMac, I'd bootcamp windows onto it just for beamng. I'd have an upgraded hard drive and the 4GHz i7 in it.

8. Cira

Cira
    Expand Collapse

@Bubbleawesome

Glorious Android Master Customization :D

Screenshot_2014-10-26-13-57-19.png

9. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

I dislike macs because you can't just take them apart and change parts. And OSX is horrible IMO.
    They're also expensive. Too expensive. There's no point in buying them when you can build a higher spec pc and save around $1000.

Although the main reason I dislike the iMac is because I don't like all-in-one PCs at all. Space saver my arse, there's a reason mini-ITX exists.

Maybe it's just that I like building my own PC and messing with stuff. Someone who has no idea about PCs might just want to buy one, put it on their desk and plug it in. I don't.

10. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

objection. you can change parts. on some imacs people have upgraded to an i7. you can also change the hard drive and i think the ram on imacs. On macbook pros, i know i have changed ram, optical drive, hdd. you can also put an ssd instead of optical with an adapter

this is correct in my opinon. they use 5400 rpm hdds in some of their 21.5(why not just 22?) inch imacs. along with a lower speed i5. and ok graphics capibilty. so yea, thinking about buying a mac? just build your own higher spec pc.

sometimes all-in-one pcs are a way to go. for example with space contrictions, you may not have the place for even a small case. One solution for that though is putting the computer on the back of the monitor. Still, you can build a cheaper better mini-ITX build for less then a mac. Then just stick it on the monitor or under the monitor. I guess the all-in-one appeals to different audiences.

and no, im not a mac lover. im neutral towards mac and windows. i like both.

11. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Or just, you know, buy a laptop.
    All-in-one PCs are just laptops with no battery and using external input devices. All the disadvantages of a laptop (harder to repair/replace parts, poor cooling, lower powered mobile GPUs), and no portability. That's why buying one is stupid IMO. I guess people have their reasons.

12. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

that is true. you got me there. buying a laptop would probably be better. takes up less space than an all-in-one too

13. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

My custom build is the most unreliable thing I've ever come across. It's constantly breaking and having problems. My MacBook has served me trouble free ever since Mac OSX Snow Leopard, and that was in 2010. It served its previous owner since Leopard in 2009.

14. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

That's because you're doing shit wrong. Never had a single issue with any of my custom builds. Right now I have a bit of overheating under heavy CPU load, but that's Intel's cooler being shit. I never had such issues with AMD.

Macbooks are actually quite reliable, and I have to say, the display is great, but if it does break out of warranty, prepare your wallet. And once again, I hate OSX, but that's just my personal opinion. Other than that, just your average mid-to-high end laptop.
    I'd rather get an old laptop that can run Windows 7 and VS 2013, I'm fine with that and I don't have to worry about breaking something because it's an old beaten-up laptop anyway.

15. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Looking nicer I guess :p

(imported from here)

16. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

skoda-large-sign-for-octavia-felicia-fabia-vrs-tdi-382-p.jpg
    6chars

18. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Have to get the logic board replaced as the USB ports have a mind completely of their own. Apple wants $700 to put one in it, I think I'll pass.

My rig has gotten A LOT more reliable and stable since I put the Hyper 212 EVO and a couple extra fans in it, coincidence? I think not.

- - - Updated - - -

Also bought ETS2 today. This should be fun, finishes downloading in a couple minutes.

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

So you built a system with inadequete cooling, thats the systems fault?

20. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Well of course it's not a coincidence, you chose a bad cpu cooler, its going to be unreliable as it will constantly overheat, you upgrade it to a good cpu cooler and its going to stop overheating, and therefore be more reliable

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice