General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

I just came home and on the way I found 3 dumb drivers. One of them (Karen in a 8th Gen Chevrolet Malibu) started flooring it for no reason, then someone in their red loud V6 Charger was driving aggressively. It was annoying hearing that loud V6 every 5 seconds. They would purposely change lanes just to speed and rev their engine. Then, someone in their 2nd Generation Equinox changed lanes without a blinker. I want to hear your experience with bad drivers.

2. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

At least yours drive quickly, I got people going 30 in 45 zones on two lane roads (one each way). In my opinion, that's far worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

Now that's torture, but at least it is safer than turning with no blinker or speeding and endangering everyone.

4. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

See, I used to think that until I saw how hard people have to brake for these types of people... I knew a guy was actually following a Chevy Equinox in their 2003 Volvo v70, so they couldn't see around the Chevy. They were following a safe distance behind, but the Chevy had to slam on the brakes for a slow car and as the Volvo was an older car, they nearly slammed into the back of the Chevy. TL;DR: Slow is just as dangerous as fast, if not more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Thats literally normal traffic? Either its 10 under the limit, or drivers like the ones you encountered. Most cars here don't even have all the brake lights working, today I was behind a Malibu with a broken brake light switch, so the lights were on all the time. I rarely see turn signals and nobody looks at all before they change lanes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

The traffic around me usually are okay drivers. But wow, your traffic is absolutely awful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

You get used to it after a while. You have to drive slightly agressively here to just survive.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

So you live in Virginia, Maryland, NYC, Boston, or LA? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

How about people who do 20-30 under the limit, then finally you get the chance to overtake said idiot (lots of hills, crests and corners here) as you speed up to over take them they speed up ! Now this would be no problem in Torrie, just plant my right foot down and watch those stupid pricks wonder why i give them the finger and fly right by them. But in the Corolla, its a true scary moment, just when you though 500 metres was plenty, suddenly your very close to the end with only metre between me and the car i just overtook when i finally get back into the left lane when some truck goes by in the opposite lane that i was just in. God i hate powerless engines. Oh and here we have the Commodore (a rebadged chev Impala, or is it the opposite?), always give them a wide berth, 'cos there usually moments away from doing something immensely stupid. Also people never check their mirrors and are always looking on their phones, seriously if i had a dollar for every time i saw someone driving whilst on their phone... And is it just me or is it just people who own/drive classic cars always seem to be the more responsible, rules abiding on the road ?

10. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Florida.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GearHead1

GearHead1
    Expand Collapse

Yesterday I saw somebody doing 10 in a 40 zone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

Oh, of course it was Florida!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Considering how popular muscle cars are in Florida, the 70mph speed limits in some areas, and the fact that so many of the roads are freeways, highways, or normal streets that are wide enough and straight enough to be either, I'm not surprised that aggressive driving is a norm.

At least that's from what I've seen and heard. Idk about norther Florida though, I've only been to West Palm Beach and outer Miami.

14. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Muscle cars aren't that popular here. Its mostly crossovers, midsize sedans, and pickups. I guess you could consider some of the V6 sedans and V8 trucks muscle cars if you use the most basic definitions of big engine in normal car. The road network here is the same as most of the US, except that every turn is a 90° angle. Some of the problem is that they rarely enforce laws because the police drive just as badly, and the DMV basically hands out licenses for showing up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Ah ok, I just thought that they were popular since on my trip I would see a good 4-5 Challengers and Corvettes in one place in less than an hour of time. And also cause of this:

upload_2021-1-28_9-42-57.png

Granted, that's the only source I actually looked at, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's incorrect.

16. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

That explains, muscle cars can't take 90 degree angles/s

• Like Like x 1
  17. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

I saw a cool red car today, but I couldn't tell what model or make it was. It was an old coupe from the 60's I believe, with a loud carbureted 4 cylinder engine.

18. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

My younger brother (10 y/o ) loves beamng, he found out about mods yesterday, is it ok if he downloads them off of this website? Because he knows about having to be 16+ to be on the forums.

19. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, he can download mods, he just can't have a forum account.
    --- Post updated ---
    Community +1 :)

• Agree Agree x 8
  20. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

Just saw a lowered 2000's Ford F-350 Dually Single Cab with concealed door handles, as well as a riced out 240SX with a fartcan, a big wing, some decals, as well as no paint at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice