General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

People have been treating groups as if it's an area secluded away from the forums, like you can post whatever you want even though this is a game forum.
    I only discovered the Beam.NGay group earlier when I saw it in someone's bio and now tdev is shutting it down because "the forums aren't a place to discuss your sexual preference" which I do agree with, as it is totally off topic for a game's forum.

I guess they could create an offtopic group section if it somehow managed to get suggested lots.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

i honestly would like to see groups be removed entirely. none of them in any way relate to beamNG, and dont belong on these fourms.
    --- Post updated ---
    and the ones that do relate to beamng have no members/are completely inactive

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Although I do agree, using groups for private mods are quite useful.
    Is there even a rules thread for the groups?

4. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Groups are good ways to control early testing of mods and such. I have one, and have used it for my camera mods.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

i feel the groups should have some rules put around them. or at least be more heavily moderated

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Some groups are good, some groups are bad.

'Nuff said.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Narc

• Like Like x 1
  8. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Some active groups are basically centered around beamng stuff. Private beta mods and other mods that won't get put into the forums due to "x" reason can be put in groups.
    Also roleplay groups (no matter if you love or hate them) are kinda centered around beamng. I even have an group (i admit that it's rather empty on content atm) where i plan to post beamng pics and some videos of scenarios or quickraces in beamng and some mods when i get off my ass and make some.

9. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I made this group i think it was a week ago, but there isn't any members. I understand that this rage face is quite old in internet terms.
    gdfgdfgdfgf.png

10. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

There's someone in my band with a red-black plastic or painted trombone. Sounds fine. As for me I've got literally 20 dents on my trombone, if I can count.

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

A while back the Roleplay sections of the forum were purged. Those members were told to move to the groups section. To delete the groups section would be a little unfair on them. There are also people who use them as stated above for beta purposes.

The nature of groups is that it would be difficult to moderate them since they are often members only, while I am sure that the mods can get past the "members only" bit the chances of stuff getting flagged is going to be much lower. Equally the chances of the mods happening upon something are lower too since they likely aren't following them actively.

As far as I can tell one thing is an unavoidable consequence of the other.
    Give people a more private area and moderation will get more difficult.

12. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

imo the roleplayers dont belong on the fourm. im not saying that what they are doing is bad. just that they should move somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

because subarus, man!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

In which case the entire off topic section doesn't belong on the forums and we should all leave?
    Since BeamNG related roleplay is far more on topic to the game than the off topic forum sections. As such I don't think this section of the forums really has any weight to say that other people should be asked to leave.

15. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

no. im not saying its off topic. im saying that roleplay belongs on an instant messaging system (such as discord) the fact that you need to post so many times on the same topic, (all of which showing up on new posts most of the time) makes a fourm a terrible place to RP. i get it, RP is fun! im guilty of doing quite a bit of it myself. but never on a fourm. i dont see why anyone would WANT to rp on a fourm anyways...

16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well once again isn't the same true of this thread? Generally chat and conversations would happen on a different platform such as discord.

Personally I much prefer the slower pace of the forums, which is why I prefer to be here than on IM. I also never use the "What's new?" system because I don't understand why anyone would want to use it on a forums as diverse as this one. Especially considering that you can follow forums sections or threads that you like.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Whoa whoa who made you the Internet czar? I haven't seen any role playing at all since they gave them groups and I'm happy they have a place to do it. and your asking for more moderation in general? people will start to think your a narcotics agent of you don't be careful. accept all bribes to reduce suspicion.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

im gonna bust your weeds if your not careful. and yes, i do think this fourm could use a few more moderators. whats the issue with that? and im not saying "THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!!!" im saying, "this is my opinion".

19. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

A lot of the shenanigans that goes on in here relies on lax moderation. this is my work time distraction please keep it human.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice