General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Lights by ellie goulding?

2. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

bassnector remix of that song. i like the bass in that version plus i like it for testing my subwoofers.

3. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

I sometimes think we forget how useful local businesses can be. An example is a local Cinema to me, The New Century (been in my town since the very start, when it was a theatre). Ticket prices there are £3 (£4 for premieres). This means I can actually go out and watch films on the big screen, instead of having to fork out £11 + at somewhere like Odeon.

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Depends on the local business to be honest. There are lots of really good local takeaways which are far cheaper than any of the chains such as BK or McD's. However there are loads that are also very expensive too. I should probably check out the local farmers market though to see how it compares to supermarket prices.

Then again, I would actually have to cook the type of food they sell at farmers markets (eg vegetables and fruit)

5. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

I've just done this :
    I was thinking putting it as an profile image, but I didn't really like it :
    Peugeot 403 image de profile grande.jpg
    What do you think about it ?

• Like Like x 2
  6. DankMemeBunny

DankMemeBunny
    Expand Collapse

I think its awesome

7. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

It's pretty great!

8. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Love the style, I think you should set it!
    My first smartphone. Galaxy S2. I kept it in such good condition.
    IMG_20161013_202740223.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

My first Smartphone is doing pretty good too, it was only retired just over a month ago. The only issue it has is that the headphone port is a little loose because I used it a lot (considerably over half the days owned) for listening to music. Its been an awesome little phone that has received so much use including reaching over 50c on the battery temps when under heavy use, sadly I don't think it has a user visible CPU temp sensor butat least it hasn't exploded (yet)... Developed my first VR games for that phone, ran them very well other than the 480x800 screen res, fair to say at this point I am pretty resilient to VR sickness :p
    It was also very surprising how well multitasking worked on only 800mb of RAM, I have never encountered a situation where I have ran out on it. So it would seem Android does a very decent job of handling RAM, either way my phone has 6GB of RAM now which is ridiculous.
    IMG_20161013_212426.jpg IMG_20161013_212500.jpg
    Its case on the other hand is doing not so well after all those years, you could say the rubberised coating is "barely there" (brownie points to anyone who gets that)

#26789 aljowen, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

My first smartphone is in pieces in my dresser somewhere. It slid off a couch onto a carpet which somehow broke the GPU. Like, I took it apart and the can over the GPU chip was dented.

I have another one of the same model, Photon Q, and the mechanical keyboard is pretty nice. I have a free 1gb plan on it and I use it as a dashcam/nav.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

My first smartphone was a Nokia Lumia 800, got it after my old Motorola flip-up phone finally died. No damage to it at all (as would be expected from Nokia), but the OS was awful to use. Now running a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

I was very surprised about the performance when I used it last night, and the amount of Google apps that still work for Android 4.1.2 (I'm considering putting Android 5.1 on it, though I've never really done rooting or anything like that). The YouTube app runs buttery smooth!

13. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

I like the camera on the S2 but for some reason on mine it has an annoying spec of dirt which I can't seem to get rid of :(
    20161014_162541[1].jpg
    at the bottom sort of right

14. DankMemeBunny

DankMemeBunny
    Expand Collapse

My first phone is this Christmas.

15. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

I just tried playing Minecraft over Quick Assist in Windows 10 lmao

16. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

welp, my first phone its lumia 625

17. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Rooting and installing ROMS is fairly easy on the S2. You can use ODIN to flash a custom recovery to your phone which allows for root and installation of ROM's. Then you copy a ROM onto the SD card (or internal) then tell the recovery to install the new ROM and it will handle it all for you. Personally I like CM but its very much a personal preference thing.

18. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

One really weird thing about the phone is that it says it has 1.9gb built in storage and 11gb external, even though the SD slot is empty. I was going to try CM.
    1476487811071-943776601.jpg

19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

That is correct.
    The Galaxy S2 has a 1.9GB application partition, an 11gb external storage partition (for media), a "hidden" area that tops it all up to 16GB then it has the SD card slot too. On my Galaxy S2 I have repartitioned it to allow for more application installation space since 1.9GB really doesn't get you all that far, then I have a 32GB SD card in it for photos, music and video/film.

It is heavily recommended that you repartition for modern versions of Android like Lollipop, since unless you do you won't have the space for the google apps to install (unless you use a very minimal gapps package). This is because the newer Android versions have larger file sizes and as such you will be left with far less application space to install stuff on.

20. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

I have done it. the item that tops all other items. I have lost my soldering iron. and not just that, but the whole setup. i have NO clue where it is. i moved it somewhere and now i cant find it. :(
    pic of what it kinda looks like

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice