General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Praying to god that the killer clown phenomenon doesn't appear behind our house.
    image.jpg

2. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Vietnam don't have that. Sometimes i just love my country :)

3. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Hey nerdy people on this thread,

I need to batch convert a bunch of .mid files and .mod files to a more usable format, preferably mp3. Any software you can recommend, or special instructions for conventional programs? I've already googled it of course, but all google does is show results for sketchy paid software suites.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just used SoundConverter on Linux to do it. Dammit Linux, you're making Windows look bad.

#26763 randomshortguy, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  4. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

You don't need to worry about creepy clowns in Texas.

Texas gun laws are over the top, in which the Texas government actually allows you to shoot dead any intruders on your property.

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

It is like that in most (all?) of the US.
    The intruder has to be a threat though. You can't just shoot the mail man or girl scouts delivering cookies.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

We've had a few "threats" from these "clowns" up here, not sure how seriously I take them, but I usually have a loaded pistol on or near me now. Doubt I'll ever have to use one, but it certainly made for an effective deterrent last time someone came through my front door and tried sticking me with a knife.

7. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

They will shoot you if you're on their property, which they consider trespassing.

It's only for Texas.

8. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

I think ill just stick to ignoring it considering they are just people in clown suits. Not worth shooting at them really.

Yeah, no. You cant just shoot anyone who steps on your lawn...

• Like Like x 4
  9. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Unless if you live in Texas, and they're "trespassing" on your property.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Nowhere in the United States are you allowed to shoot and kill someone who is merely trespassing.

A person is justified in using deadly force against another:

(A) to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or
    (B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.

The actor's belief that the deadly force was immediately is presumed to be reasonable if the actor knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the deadly force was used:

(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;
    (B) unlawfully and with force removed, or was attempting to remove unlawfully and with force, the actor from the actor's habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment.

#26770 Potato, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  11. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Can you explain this article then?
    http://kxan.com/2015/01/05/when-youre-allowed-to-shoot-in-texas/

12. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

I have friends living in Texas and I just talked to them about this literally just now, Nobody does this as if it's a regular everyday thing.... Guns will be drawn if said trespasser is armed or dangerous, but if it's someone literally walking onto your property, literally anyone, they don't get their heads blown off on site. Also I wouldn't believe EVERYTHING on the internet you know...

Plus if people didn't want anyone on their property, there's "Trespassers Will Be Shot" signs for a reason.

13. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 4
  14. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

The law is very clearly laid out here.

• Like Like x 2
  15. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Well, now I've seen everything.

16. Sagarci

Sagarci
    Expand Collapse

Now I See how gun laws are in Texas (I kind of thinks it ok to shoot someone trying to hurt you, its just my opinion)

17. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Be certain to read your specific state, local, and federal laws pertaining to the use of firearms, not just news articles. Quite frankly, as a gun owners it's our responsibility to fully understand the laws and consequences surrounding our use of firearms especially in self-defense. I've worked very close to law enforcement for the past four years, and you'd be amazed at how legally precarious some of these "self-defense" situations can be for a gun owner.

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

The Supermarket nearest me has replaced their "signature" range with a new range that they are calling "The Best"
    The Best PNG.png
    I now need large quantities of Donald Trump stickers for my next visit...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

Well i made a voice coil. it sounds terrible because of all the rattling. but hey it works! i have made previous ones, but this one is the most successful

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice