General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Effectively, a speedometer is not a 100% accurate instrument. if it read 58 when you were doing 62 the manufacturer would probably be liable for your speeding in a 60 zone.
    If the speedo is accurate +/- 5%, the manufacturer then calibrates it a few percent faster so the minimum reading is then the same as your actual speed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Somewhere in my messy room which looks Like a garbage dump,I found a Fujimi BMW 320i in good nick minus suspension and wheels.
    image.jpg

3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

So, today there were even more varieties of chewing gum on sale. The funny thing is they are only on sale on the extreme discount shelf which most people don't look at.
    IMG_20160901_152158.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

9 pence? That's like 16 cents where I live.

5. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

And that 9p is including 20% Value Added Tax :p

6. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

So, that 9p shoots up to 10.80p

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

no because he said that 9p already included the tax

• Like Like x 3
  8. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Youtube has officially gone to shit.

• Like Like x 4
  9. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Just heard that Joseph F. Sutter, the father of the Boeing 747, has died yesterday. :(

10. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

the only way i know of to getting into safe-mode in windows 8 and newer without being able to get into the OS itself is if you have the bootloader menu enabled. as for if you don't have that, well then you're fucked because as far as i can tell microsoft has completley removed any sort of key combination to get into safe-mode, some websites say to try shift+F8, but i've never once had that work on any computer i've tried it on.

11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Dam RCR is going to suck from now on.

12. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

It went to shit a long time ago. I think around the time they changed up the way comments work and added the Google shit. It's just shittier now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I'm really not happy to hear that, but I can't help but find myself amused by the fact that you posted your message less than a minute before I got on for the first time today. Any psychics in your family line?

I'd like to say that I'm not going to make the mistake of servicing my computer at Best Buy again, but the best-reviewed PC clinic within a half-hour's drive just closed down, and the second isn't answering their phones so I can't be too sure they're in business, either. Not that this town is the most tech-savvy or even all that idyllic anyway; we have a drive-through liquor store. Do you think that a technical academy/college would be able to run this thing through their IT department? Because that's about all I've got.

14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You can try putting a live copy of Linux onto a USB stick and try to boot from that. If it works then its likely a software issue, if it doesn't its likely hardware. Plus if you have any important files you want to try and get off your computer storage you could use the Linux Live USB in order to copy paste them onto a separate USB stick.
    --- Post updated ---
    Do Want, still wish it was Reach though :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Is this only for monetized videos?

16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Yes. As far as I know YouTube is no longer willing to monetize vulgar videos. This is because advertisers do not want their brands being associated with such content and will have likely been putting pressure on YouTube.

17. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Some stuff I found sitting in my modified fish tank for a while.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Today i saw new levels of stupidity.
    Girl claims she’ll fail gym because trans students are allowed in the locker rooms
    Some people will always be transphobes or bitch about this stuff. Its unavoidable. But the stupidity here, there are no trans people in the school this girl goes to. She is also claiming that she is being discriminated against, when shes the one that wont use the locker room because trans people can use it.

She is complaining about something, THAT LITERALLY ISNT HAPPENING IN HER SCHOOL. Then playing the victim card for it. Jeez

• Like Like x 6
  19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

It does kinda make me feel a little sad that this place never got finished.
    Untitled-4.png
    The only building that was finished was CIAC (Community in a cube).

Many of the buildings did look a little tasteless, but it would have been such a cool place to visit.

20. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

It just looks like a weird color mess imo. And it ruins the sight in the area (well i dont know where it is but i "expect" it would ruin the sight)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice