General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Same friend that got me the lavender spray makes a slightly better cuddle buddy, but yeah it could be worse

• Like Like x 1
  2. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Music can be one of the best sources of relaxation. If you play an instrument (you can't go wrong learning to play one), just playing it can be relaxing. If you don't, listening to music works. For me, just about any music will help with relaxation, besides metal and the like. Some other people, only music with a slower tempo or instrumental songs are relaxing. IMO you can't go wrong with piano music. I'll sometimes listen to an hour or more of piano music (thanks in part to this SoundCloud playlist) just to help relax.

3. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

i tried listening to some rock for a while to help me fall asleep. worked ok until i added crazy train. then i would get the crap scared out of me everytime because of the intro.

• Like Like x 1
  4. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Convert to Dudeism. It's the way to go, man.

http://dudeism.com/

At this point I'm not entirely sure if I'm kidding or not, because I'd legitimately list this as my official religion.

*I do not condone the consumption of any herbal substances, though. that's called being a stoner, and that's not cool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Someone say rock?
    The most relaxing, sleep inducing rock is slow psychedelic stuff. Jimi Hendrix's second album; Axis: Bold as Love has a lot of good, smooth, slow songs on it. His voice is relaxing. The song Little Wing is arguably one of the best examples of that on the album. I'd link it here, but I can't find it on YouTube. If you have spotify, I highly recommend you give it a listen.
    Fuck whatever fascists own the rights to Hendrix's music. It's nowhere the be found outside of streaming sites that pay for it. It's a damn disgrace. Let the music be heard.
    Mountain, Cream, and The Beatles recorded some good slow rock as well. There are countless other bands.
    I guess the point of all of this is that music can help you sleep. Drugs do a good job too.

6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

..why is it that the total open hours per week of business establishments tend to be inversely proportional to how hosed you'll be if you need their services and can't get them. Car repair shops close on Sunday so if you lose a brake line and have to go to work on Monday, you're going to be borrowing a car from someone or driving a deathtrap to work. Banks close early on Saturday and completely on Sunday, so you're stuck trying to buy gas with loose change on the way home. But grocery & department stores make their employees work ridiculously early in the morning and late at night and never close or cut hours for weekends or holidays - and that's if you don't get one of the stores that opens even longer on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  7. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Bruh

Classical music is the greatest thing to fall asleep to. It lacks lyrics, it lacks direction, both things that catch your attention. Instead, it's just soothing euphonious noises, glowing with emotion and ever calming. Yes, even the most vigorous and violent of classical music is more relaxing than slow rock. At least IMO.

Also I have a feeling you'd be a Dudeist. Am I mistaken?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Whatever floats your boat.
    I don't really consider myself a Dudeist, but The Big Lebowski is one of my favorite movies and I agree with Dudeism's philosophies.
    I wouldn't say you're wrong, though.

9. Quotation

Quotation
    Expand Collapse

Seriously, I suggest trying listening/watching ASMR videos, I watch them daily just to relax, the tingles in your head feel great and it can put me right to sleep. I have social anxiety and depression and it helps a ton. I strongly suggest the youtube channels (Ephemeral Rift, MassageASMR, and Cosmic Tingles ASMR) Some of them have some anxiety related videos with methods to calm down and they really do work wonders in my opinion.

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

is paying by card not a thing? Plus ATM's

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Speedcore is obviously the most relaxing genre. [/s]

--- Post updated ---
    Quite often we get flyers posted through our mail for student nights out.
    IMG_20160418_130034.jpg
    Am I the only one who thinks wtf when looking at this one?

12. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I have a beatmap for that in osu! and it's completely ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
  13. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

i just looked up OSU and i have no idea what the hell is going on. it makes guitar hero look like easy to understand whats going on hero.....hero.

14. BlueBirdBusCo

BlueBirdBusCo
    Expand Collapse

Then you get the slower progressive rock albums that have both aspects some of the time.

15. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

i might be one of the resident progressive rock connoisseurs here. essential reading for class is as follows; king krimson, yes, chicago(transit authority), Frank zappa and the mothers of invention. that will get you off too a good start.

16. BlueBirdBusCo

BlueBirdBusCo
    Expand Collapse

Another few pretty great bands/musicians are Emerson Lake and Palmer, Gentle Giant, Van der Graaf Generator (also Peter Hammill's solo albums), and Jethro Tull

• Like Like x 1
  17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

am I the only one that genuinely used to fall asleep with a mix of metallica and avenged sevenfold in a playlist?

18. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Avenged sevenfold...lol. makeup sucks thrash is king!

19. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

My pager's only use is as a clock.
    13055560_1727379037505947_4168351014692016223_n.jpg

20. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely true.

And I also agree with the suggestion of learning a musical instrument (I can't remember who suggested that).
    How do you possibly do that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice