General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I mean, don't older style ones (70s, 80s, maybe 90s) have more restriction?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I think they did and also they did affect fuel economy.

3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Well yeah, very early catalytic converters were more restricted than modern ones, but they played a very small role in the overall smog-choking of an engine.
    Why do you post comments when you have nothing to contribute and absolutely no idea what you're talking about?
    Anyway, the bottom line is that restrictive exhaust systems were taken into account when the output(s) of the engine(s) was being decided.

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

YOU'RE TOO FAR TO THE RIGHT!!

5. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

The problem is we have to be authentic to the period, we have a few methods I've been taught for reducing the effects of it in future. such as having your mouth open and an open hand infront of (not over) your ear. I also as a crewman (especially on the worm) need to be able to hear the orders of the gun seargent, and also the battery commander. Earplugs will deafen us to orders, which can make things rather dangerous. If we reload when we've been told to clear, thats' a kolossal and potentially dangerous situation if we are scripted to have our gun taken over by an enemy crew. We cannot have cavalry charging at a loaded cannon during the show. We also during a missfire or hang fire need to be able to listen to our commanding officer. I'm afraid hearing damage, just like back then, is a risk factor for the job.

6. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I can confirm an R9 380X and a Mushkin Eco II 256 GB SSD for my birthday. Yay.

I suppose the butterfly knife has to wait, though.

7. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I finally got NR2003 to work. So much win.

Time to mod the crap out of it. Oh, Aero88, how I love you.

8. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

How did you fix it? @22RLUX has the Pure Virtual thing going on.

9. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Did he install the 1.2 update? That's how I got it to run. The only problem (well, I guess there's 2 problems) is that I just can't get it to load modded tracks. The only reason I even went into this endeavor was to drive Thornton again, but I can't get it to load. It also seems to refuse to save my controller settings.

10. Deleted member 23644

Deleted member 23644
    Expand Collapse

The Gaben chrome extension is becoming my favorite dose of praising to our lord, Gaben.

Attached Files:

• Untitled.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  11. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of chrome extensions, my friend and I had some fun editing the source code for the Cloud-to-butt extension the other day. So far, changing all forms of "you", "your", "he" and "she" to some form of "your mom" has been my favorite.
    Screenshot+2015-12-03+02.12.27.png Screenshot+2015-12-03+09.37.28.png Screenshot+2015-12-08+05.24.13.png Screenshot+2015-12-08+05.28.37.png

• Like Like x 6
  12. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

that's it I'm downloading google chrome. and some extensions, daddy's gonna have a lot of fun using extensions.

#22192 ktheminecraftfan, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  13. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

@Dummiesman and @redrobin I have a feeling I'm gonna be kicking your butts in my new ride for 2016 ;)

14. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

My gosh that's a nice skin. I should start getting into it. But, for the meantime, my 2014 Kyle Bush skin will do fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

I'll gladly get some schemes made for you. Of course, with my fantastic methods of procrastination it may not get done immediately but I still turn out some quality schemes.

16. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Wow (I'm driving the 42 car)

17. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

MildlyInteresting:
    Bought a clock, and apparently the led is working at a frequency of 25-30hz. You can't tell by just looking at it (unless you focus on it and start shaking it).
    Recorded it at 120FPS and slowed it down at x0.06.

dzWTNgb.gif

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Saves money.
    Can wire each segment of the LED in parallel, but with a switchable ground for each. Alot less pins required on the microcontroller driving the display hence saving cost. The human eye wont distinguish the switching.

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Well. I've just run out of money. Nothing left, nothing I can sell, great. Can't even afford food now.

#22199 SixSixSevenSeven, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

HAHA! I got NR2003 to load added tracks and save my controller settings! Time to race... Or mod more... Who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice