General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Cleaning my keyboard right now.

2. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Highest I've gotten is like 90. I think I might be a tiny bit faster on my laptop keyboard, but nothing beats the feeling of a Cherry.

Except maybe buckling spring or Topre depending on what you like.

3. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

I've never bothered to test how fast I could type. I know I can't type for shit on membrane keyboards though, especially laptop keyboards. I keep hitting the wrong keys because key travel is so short and there's no tactile feedback whatsoever. I'm probably rather slow on my Model M as well, since I keep bottoming out (it's actually quite hard not to bottom out buckling springs), but at least I hit the correct keys.

4. Razer-11

Razer-11
    Expand Collapse

Not too bad for a first try I guess...

5. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I decided to start on making a modular building MOC any suggestions to what I should make out of what I have now?
    gfhgfhgfh.png

6. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

You know how I refunded GTA IV for Saints Row IV like a few months ago? Yeah, GTA IV is still on my HDD, and I managed to actually start it up. Now I just need to get it to go to the start screen and I've got myself a free game. GG Steam.

--edit--
    It seems to be working. It crashed after starting the game, but that seems to be a problem on my side. Once I get it fully working I'll post a screenshot as proof so ya'll know it's real. Also, it takes half a century to start, but it eventually does it.

#21806 SuperNoob05, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  7. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Today is my birthday. Yay.

8. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Happy Birthday!!!
    -------
    Ok, so I've got GTA IV to work, but it keeps crashing due to an incompadibility between Games For Windows Live and Windows 10 :|

9. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  10. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

Happy Birthday. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I would much rather that than actually have to interact with games for windows live.

12. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Look up xliveless

It removes the need for GFWL in GTA IV

• Like Like x 2
  13. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

OMG thank you sooo much! Now it actually works.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

been doing something I never expected to be doing tonight, working on handwriting, cursive specifically. Slow and laborious which is fine as the thing I actually need to write I have plenty of time to do, 1 little phrase and hours to write it perfectly, but I will only get one attempt

15. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

There's a local theater that infrequently plays old movies. Last night, my siblings and I went to see Mel Brooks' low-brow but classic parody of Star Wars, 'Spaceballs.'

For those who haven't seen it (and shame on you, by the way) there is a point near the end of the film where the characters trigger a self-destruct sequence on an enemy ship. This sets off an alarm that sounds broadly similar to a European police car, prompting one of the characters to say, "What's going on? Where are we, Paris?" There was an audible sound of shocked bemusement around the theater, and this coming from a crowd that in all likelyhood had seen 'the Producers' at least once.

I guess 28 years in advance is too soon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

This reminds me of the time I was watching "World's Wildest Police Videos" and was amused by John Bunnell making puns out of a paralyzed man in a wheelchair stopping a robbery at a convenience store.
    "An unlikely hero rolls in"
    "Who knew he could be such an upstanding citizen"
    etc

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

it's like the 2 Jimmy Saville cards in cards against humanity ("_ jim'll fix it", "Jimmy Saville"). These were added to the game (at least in the Uk edition) just as some op culture reference. Since the games release it transpired Jimmy Saville was a prolific pedofile and the many dirty references people would play with these cards gained extra meaning

18. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Earlier tonight, during an /r/NASCAR cards against humanity game, the black card was "_____'s secret weapon in a green-white-checkered is _____". The white cards someone picked were "Kevin Harvick" and "Turning right just once", in a reference to this controversial shitshow a few weeks ago.

Our custom card pack is full of so many inside jokes and references...

19. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

My username change is now official. I'd like to thank Nadeox1 for going through with my request so quickly. I'm still indecisive about my avatar, but this should do in the meantime.

20. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

So who were you then?

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice