General computer talk/advice

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by BlueScreen, Jan 25, 2015.

1. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Got a cheap HD 5830 for my brothers older PC on ebay. Listed as fully working. It arrived packed inside some bubblewrap with paper wrapped around it.

Needless to say its DOA :|

2. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Sounds a lot like a motherboard I bought from a certain forum member..

3. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I can recall that chat in general discussion..

To be fair to the guy I really think it was just an honest mistake and he refunded me within a few minutes.

4. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

just a question can i put one monitor on integrated graphics card of my pc and the other one on my 750ti?

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Never used ebay. What happens in such situation? Are you covered by the vendor or ebay?

6. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

It depends, if its a dedicated ebay shop they usually have a returns policy or such. In my case it was just a single person selling it so I got in touch and explained the problem and he refunded me for it, which is what usually happens with stuff like that.

Either way ebay will let you take out a return request that will give the seller a week to respond before you are automatically refunded, but I've never had to do that as anyone I've dealt with have been pretty understanding. Its very biased towards you as a buyer so its really safe buying stuff from it and there isn't much worry of being scammed.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Sadly, you cannot do that. I have tried it before, anyway, the 750ti has decent I/O, why do you need that?

8. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I managed to do it like i said above i turned the integrated graphics card on in the bios and now it works and i only did it because i dont have a hdmi port on my screen as well as i dont have a vga cable laying around.

9. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

I usually get screwed on eBay when it comes to buying CPU's, specifically PGA CPU's they always arrive with bent pins, then I have to spend hours with my bench magnifying lamp and a small screw driver bending all the pins back only to find they're dead... Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to use foam padding to protect the pins, it never works and more than half the time kills the CPU from static charge built in the foam... It's annoying especially when I'm working on a PC that isn't mine and they need it back. Thankfully I rarely get PC's with bad CPU's in for repair.

10. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Umm... Yes you can. You just have to enable the iGPU in BIOS and install the HD Graphics drivers. I used to run 2 900p displays on my iGPU and my 1080p display with my dGPU(s).

11. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I assumed you couldn't because I searched high and low in my BIOS for an option to enable it, but it wasn't anywhere.

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You just wont have hardware acceleration from the GPU on the monitor running integrated

13. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Do you guys know whats up with my graphics card? When i restart my pc i dont get a picture sometimes and as soon as i open the case or wait a bit it works like a champ again. I nearly threw it out because i thought it was dead

14. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

How do I flash the bios of an RX 460 2GB?
    Don't ask.

15. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

take it out and see if there is dust on the contacts, blow it out with compressed air, (both in the socket and on GPU) and see if the issue is still there

16. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

This is me asking. Wtf did you do to it?
    Google it.

17. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

My cheap mid-2000s Xp/Vista lan PC fleet is growing at a nice pace. I recently got an Athlon 64 1640le based system with 3GB of ram and Vista Home Premium for free.

Same person gave me a Celeron 1.3GHz based system from about 2001 or so. It's an extremely early XP machine with 384 megs of ram and XP Home Edition. I think it's the same socket as the Pentium 3, but it could be Socket 478 for Pentium 4's. I'm not sure yet.

EDIT: I can confirm that it is, indeed, Socket 370. I should have know that right away as it uses PC100 ram, not DDR. A Pentium 3 isn't out of the picture here.

#5357 redrobin, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  18. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Hmm how would 4th gen core i5/i7 integrated graphics (mobile processor) run BeamNG? If anyone has a 4th gen processor in their laptop would you mind testing it for me?
    I might be getting a hand-me-down Dell XPS.

19. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

If it has a dedicated GPU, it will. If not, well... Let's just say the HD 4000 isn't even close to being on par with HD 5XX

20. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

It might have dedicated graphics, but I do not know as I have not really looked at the laptop in person for a long time.

It may even be a 5th gen processor, all I saw was the sticker. It definitely wasn't an i3 though.
    --- Post updated ---
    Anyone else seen this weird glitch?
    upload_2017-1-4_18-38-48.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice