General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

They actually are great value for money cars.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Can definitely confirm.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

just get a trabi lol

4. SuperchargedAndSavage!

SuperchargedAndSavage!
    Expand Collapse

Take a Palisade for example:
    The SEL trim with Convenience and Premium package and Driver Guidance package is $43415. Meanwhile a Kia Telluride EX (base model) gets even more stuff than the Palisade equipped with two optional package, has much better interior quality and build quality, looks a bit better than the Palisade (but still not my favourite design) and is almost $4000 cheaper!
    Build quality wise, I once got in a Hyundai Kona and played music and turned up the volume,and the interior literally started rattling. So not a great impression for me.

5. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Now,compare it to other manufacturers and see how much they offer. Kia is even better value though. Pity that we don't get telluride here.

6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The first five episodes of Initial D are being screened via Discord by my university's Society of Automotive Engineers. What timeline am I living in?..

7. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Wow,that sucks,my accent(which is a budget segment sedan) has no build issues whatsoever. İ adore i30n though.

8. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

My only experience with a Hyundai was when we got a 2015 Sonata for a rental that my mom used while her own car was being fixed up after a crash. I don't really remember much with it, but all I can say that it was average. The interior was alright, but nothing special. The design was bland, and I couldn't remember much else about it.

The Focus Sedan that one of my friend's parents own, albeit a little more of a strange dashboard looks more interesting, has a somewhat memorable feeling, a better interior personally and overall would be something I could see myself buying.

9. SuperchargedAndSavage!

SuperchargedAndSavage!
    Expand Collapse

Glad to hear that.
    The Subaru Ascent Premium is some 120 dollars cheaper, gets standard BSW, better ride quality, has a bigger rear seat even though it's almost the same size as the Palisade, and gets better fuel economy.
    The Toyota Highlander XLE is also a bit cheaper, has better quality and looks, comes with more safety features than the Palisade and is still more fuel efficient.

10. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Interiors though. Ascent feels outdated with that interior and Highlander's interior looks like it doesn't belong to a 3 row suv. Just my 2 cents.
    Heck, the best competition for palisade is telluride.

11. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

According to US News, the Tellasade twins are markedly better than the Ascent or Highlander.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/suvs-with-3-rows

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

Overpriced is absolutely wrong. New i30, for example costs 6K € less than a VW Golf, and plus it has similar equipment.
    Tucson too. It's only SUV of the class that costs less than 20K € and has alloy wheels in standard trim.
    And, ugliness is subjective opinion. I think most of Hyundais look nice.

13. SuperchargedAndSavage!

SuperchargedAndSavage!
    Expand Collapse

You mean the screen isn't big enough? Honestly big screens just usually gets distracting.
    As for the Highlander, I'm not sure what you mean by it doesn't belong to a 3 row SUV.
    I know, but I didn't say I disliked the Telluride, I dislike the Palisade.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sorry, but what the fuck is the i30? I never headrd of one before, just Tucson and Elantra and Accent and Venue and Palisade and Santa Fe blah blah blah.
    I suppose it isn't sold in Canada?
    Also, yes the Tucson has alloy wheels, but it isn't all that roomy as a compact SUV and interior quality isn't all that superb. Plus would you rather have safety or alloy wheels? Cause the Tucson doesn't really have as much safety features as say, a RAV4 or a CR-V.

14. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

i30 is Elantra GT. i30 is European name for that car.
    I don't really care for safety features. IMO it's important that car has enough airbags, ABS, ESC, etc. Tucson has systems like lane keeping, etc, though for higher trim levels. Also, RAV4 and CR-V are more expensive. And bigger too.

#17394 Youngtimer, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

I would always choose i30 rather than Golf. Same equipment, similar quality, but much more reasonable price. If I looked compact hatches, my choices would be either Mazda 3 or Corolla.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I don't think the Mazda 3 is a smart buy, given that it's priced well above the level of most other C segment cars.

18. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

Well, its price is similar as Golf, but Mazda looks thousand times better. Golf is literally a mediocre company car.

19. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Spot on. As i've grown up with soviet era cars(no power anything) i'm okay with not having any of the "safety" features. Those make people lazy and careless on the road. My car only has essentials like Abs, Esc and airbags.
    It's not about bigger screen. Ascent's interior is just dated. Redesign is needed. As for highlander, the dash and how screen shapes is very ugly and angular, so it will age fast. The design just doesn't have that "premium" look to it, which it should, since you're paying a small house money for these things.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

Literally the same thing as on Forester. Interior looks so 2012-3ish. Subarus are great though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice