General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Yeah true that ;)
    VL Jeep.jpg

2. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

30 minutes left of crown vic auction.
    Bidding is holding steady at $758.
    edit-8 minutes now, still at 758.
    double edit-2 1/2 minutes, still nothing
    Didn't win, thing sold for 1500. Fuuuck that.

#1422 Potato, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  3. Tomato

Tomato
    Expand Collapse

Watching auction on 1972 Volkswagen Beetle going steady at $200.00 and 2 days left and it jumps to $710.00.

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

I don't get why everyone loves to hate on Chrysler, I've got two Dodge trucks now, a 94 one ton 5 speed RCLB Cummins dually, and a 95 Half ton ECSB 4x4 with a 360 and a 47RH, both of those truck have been nothing but reliable, we've had several before that, First that I can remember was a 77 W250 with a 440 and a 727, and other than getting 7 miles to the gallon it was a great truck.
    There was a 97 half ton 2wd ECLB that had a 46RH and although we didn't have it very long, we never had a problem with it.
    We bought a 96 one ton ECLB dually V10 47RH and the only problem it had was in the wet the transmission would get confused, it would try to get 2nd and a half, and keep upshifting and then downshifting, which turned out to be from a leak on the protective case on the computer.
    There was a 94 Jeep YJ Wrangler with a 4 cylinder and a 5 speed, and besides having about 12 horsepower, we had alot of fun with it and never had a lick of trouble with it.
    The only Chrysler product I ever had a legitimate problem with was another 94 YJ Wrangler, this one a 6 cylinder automatic, while it had atleast 3 times the power of the 4 banger, the auto let it down so badly, and it was the downfall of the whole Jeep, one day I was coming into town and it didnt downshift, and died, the TC wouldn't unlock, and the whole Jeep was so rusty I just went ahead and sold it, rather than put a new TC in it.

A friend of mine has a 95 Grand Cherokee with the same 4.0 6 cylinder and automatic that my green Jeep had, and it absolutely refuses to die, the interior is ruined, the bumpers are pretzels, it wont go straight down the road, but it will not die. We were out in the woods one day, and we heard a real loud growl from the front of the engine, the bearing inside the water pump had given up, and the fan was just flopping around trying to lawnmower its way through the radiator. We tried to take the fan off, but we didn't have any tools besides a hammer and a pair of channel locks with us, so we just took the belt off. We were about 20 miles from the nearest real road, and about 30 miles from my house, We just decided to drive the thing. Go until it hits 260, pull over and let it cool down a bit, then go a few more miles until it got hot again. after about 3 or 4 of these cycles, we made it to the highway, and we had no choice but to just blast those 9-10 miles with no radiator or water pump.
    Next day we put a new water pump on it, and it still runs like it's brand new.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Well, Chrysler has gotten worse and better since those days. Ever since the FCA merger, although there are new models and more money, more recalls and whatnot. It's just fell off a cliff since the 00s.

6. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

[SUB]I managed to find a Subaru Ute today after a month of searching no wait I managed to spot two one the minute I left a house owned by a elderly friend of mums (i didn't get a photo of it sadly) and one I found in Fielding

WP_20150911_001[1].jpg
    me waiting for the guy to leave his car.

WP_20150911_002[1].jpg
    WP_20150911_004[1].jpg
    WP_20150911_005[1].jpg
    WP_20150911_006[1].jpg
    you got to love those rims
    WP_20150911_013[1].jpg

also i found a Skoda full of vegetables in a different town
    WP_20150911_014[1].jpg
    [/SUB]

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Brat! The T-top trucklet!

Still waiting for the day when I see a person going down the highway in the seats in the bed.

8. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to model one but its not going the way I want it to I would like to see someone take on my project.

9. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

Mazda RZ-7.jpg
    Spotted a really nice convertible Mazda RX-7 last evening. And my Bronco is starting to leak radiator fluid. I'm not sure if I will be able to take it to Cars and Coffee on Sunday. :(

10. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

subaru_sales_chart.jpg

"cheap and ugly does it" and "the Subaru is not a Japanese Beetle" sounds like something out of Grand Theft Auto.

11. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

I've seen that exact RX-7 before, was that taken at the Hill Country church in Cedar Park? I recognize that building, my parents still go there from time to time.
    Unfortunately, I can't make it out to C&C this Sunday because of an event at Circuit of the Americas, but I'll make an effort to go to the next one. Hopefully I'll get to see your Bronco there, too. :)
    I'm still waiting for parts to replace the valve cover gasket and a oxygen sensor on the E46. I'm also going to replace spark plugs, just as preventative maintenance.

12. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I go there once a month for Boy Scouts.
    What event is happening at COTA? There was a track day there 2 weeks weeks ago I didn't know about until Exoticars19 posted a video on YouTube.

13. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

There's a "Ride Smart" track day at COTA this Sunday. My father has a 2010 BMW S1000RR, which he takes to track days on a regular basis. I thought I'd might as well tag along with him.

14. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

If only high speed pursuits were more common here :p
    12004945_806558542776081_7643315224917139650_n.jpg
    12004945_806558542776081_7643315224917139650_m.jpg

#1434 HadACoolName, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  15. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

16. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Friend of mine has a Jeep Liberty with one of those above the windshield, two pods on the cowl by the wipers, and another big one behind the grill, and when he turns them all on, its like turning on the sun.

No idea why the thing keeps eating alternators.

17. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

So after messing with other things that could have been causing my idle problems I've decided that I'll just drill out the gay cap thing over the AFR screw. If adjusting that doesn't work I'll just buy a new carb because fuck it.

Then I'll look into the speedo issue.

Then the gas gauge.

Then do something about the bright yellow panels.

Then modify the highbeams to actually be useful for seeing the road in front of me.

Then a big bore kit.

Or I could just be lazy and do nothing.

18. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

FTFY...

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Simpler option. Have you tried simply cleaning the carb and filter... Oh and checking the lines are clear. Considering how gummy us gas seems to get, it could just be someone left fuel sitting in it.

20. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

It's got that tamper resistant carb. I'd rather buy a new one than hack my inside it. The way the fuel system works fuel doesn't go to the carb unless the engine is running. (Engine vacuum opens a valve that lets fuel out of the tank.)

Also I cleaned the air filter like the day I got it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice