General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I personally love the front end design of the Ignis.

If they had an option for a larger engine & awd, I'd be all over it.

2. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

What's your thoughts on the Chevrolet SS? I like it.

Here's Doug DeMuro's vid on it.

I guess its failure would explain why I don't think I've ever seen one IRL. I think I have, but I'm not sure.

I agree with Doug on his price theory, I was thinking that a $40,000+ price tag is probably too much. If you want my honest opinion, it should be somewhere between $20,000 - $30,000. What do you think?

Why would they not advertise it? Were they even trying to sell it?

And I think it's kinda disappointing that the vents are only on it for decoration.

3. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Are older diesels still a future proof decission with older i mean espacially the 1.9 l tdi from vw

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Define older because that's an engine they've many versions of over the years and some totally sucked

5. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

The ones around 2003 and older so till 2009 and How probable it is that youre be able to drive them in citys because of the emmissions

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Probability over next few years is 0. And they were sorta ok, not fantastic though

7. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

What are reliable engines wich will last around 300k km with proper care?

8. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

From experience: any Mercedes diesel (2.2l) like the 200cdi, 220cdi/d/bluetec, they might be expensive to buy but with good maintenance those blocks will last very long.
    We only had a Volvo v70 D5 (which wasn't very good) and a few French cars so I don't really know about others, at least not from first hand.

9. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

The Iron Duke is slow but it does not want to die.

10. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I suppose any newish 2.0 TDCi with a DPF.
    Check the "Euro" emissions standard the car comforms to, then you can find the cleanest car. Government's especially in the EU will probably base their bans on "Euro" categories

11. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Any thoughts?

12. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I personally hate crossovers, but this one's is ok because it doesn't have stupid vents or crazy body lines on the sides. I'm not a fan of the front though, it looks like the designers wanted to make the grill cover the whole fascia.

EDIT: The headlights are also way too large for the car and the hood line is too low.

13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It's been that way since the Precision concept, and it's supposed to be unique. Plus, the RDX wasn't really about looking insane, although that's debatable.
    EDIT: I find the bumper the weirdest part, looks like some Stinger-style.

14. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I just dislike the new vents everywhere MUST LOOK ANGRY phase that the industry is going through right now.

15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Some cars looked good with the anger-style, like the Giulia and the M5, but others like the Corolla and Cherokee failed to impress.
    EDIT:

I think the rear looks pretty good, although the taillights give me GMC-vibes.

16. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

The Giulia is elegant, and the M5 is actually fast enough to deserve the extra vents/grilles that the base models don't have. I don't like the idea of having vents on cars that don't need extra airflow like family sedans that are FWD (I'm looking at you Camry). Its like the car companies are trying to make super cars less special by making factory ricers.

17. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The Camry I like, but the Avalon looks mad drunk and the Corolla SE looks like it ripped off the 1st gen Prius. (Yeah... Toyota, stop reminding us that the Prius is still around!)
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, this image supports the sizing.

18. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I mean you could get an older 1.9 TDI before they converted to the PD system. But you're not really that safe from diesel bans across cities unless you get a Euro 5 diesel or better. As for engines that easily last 300k kms you're generally looking at naturally aspirated petrol or older diesel engines (Euro 3-4 and older so a no no in your case). As long as you don't pick anything notoriously bad you should be fine.

19. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I'm just not the fan of cars made after around 2007. There are a few exceptions like the Buick Regal, Chevy Caprice PPV, and the Challenger/Charger twins.

20. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The only Acura I find designed poorly is the NSX, complex, but doesn't represent the original. Also, I'd wish Acura brought back the CL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice