General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

No offense, but I think a stepside bed looks out of place and kinda dumb on anything past the early 70's

2. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

i Love your profile picture, going to go put this on my van to gain horsepower! (sarcasm)

3. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

You should be able to daily them easily, better choice than anything with a wankel engine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I wouldnt daily it my brother would then we would also tune it probably at some point

5. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

This is my ultimate vision for it:

1994_Ford_F-150_Flareside.jpg

That color (the forest green I talked about), complete removal of the stupid body-kit, bed cap, and all the damn Mark III ruination that came alone with that packahe (except for the ruched leather, that stays), and a roll up tonneu cover, plus all the engine stuff to make it slightly less slow.

6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Or just dump a 460 in it from one of the heavy-duty models.

7. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

I enjoy poking fun at all the invisible trailer towers.:)
    It certainly would look better without all the tack-on fender flare/side step stuff, but I still just don't like newer step sides. Though that gen looks a lot better than this garbage.
    700-for-1997-2003-Ford-F150-Flareside-Short-Bed.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

It could be worse... it could be this:

Tundra_Stepside3.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

we need a kill it with fire button

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Close enough?

11. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

I think I threw up a little.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I like the new Toyota Century.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

I happened to see that earlier today. I'd have one over a Rolls Royce or Bentley hands down.

On a slight tangent, I went to toyota.jp on the off chance they had it on there (they don't, of course) and found that Toyota currently has 52 models on sale in Japan.

14. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

So after alot of viewing of buyer guides and forums and such my brother now chose to try and get a r32 gtst (possibly the gts4 if they cost nearly the same) wich means he now has to save up the money and when he has it we will go to an importer and order one. We also found one importer who mostly imports skylines and he flyes over there and inspects the cars there ao we hope he will find a good one then

15. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Can Toyota design something without fucking it up

#9255 nosraenyr kcirtap kcin, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  16. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

As my father sent his car to undergo an anti-corrosion treatment, the service center gave him a replacement vehicle for that time. That meant I could get my hands on it for a while.
    The car is a 1992 Volvo 740 SE 2.3 N/A (114 hp), 5 speed manual. Imported from Finland last year, 480K km (300K miles) on the clock, serviced at the official dealership until 370K. Has almost every option equipped except A/C and airbag.
    The car is in extremely great condition- drives like new, interior is very well preserved, no rust, everything works except rear glass wiper.
    Pictures:
    IMG_4240.jpg IMG_4241.jpg IMG_4244.jpg
    The dealership sticker is still on!
    IMG_4242.jpg
    This car has completely changed the way I think about brick Volvos. I used to think of them as of extremely reliable, safe (for their time) and boring. But after driving this one, I just fell in love with it. I might even buy one someday. The car goes very well on the highway (albeit I witnessed highway driving only as a passenger) and is really fast considering its shape and weight. Despite quick acceleration, this car feels better when driven in a calm, relaxing manner. Rear wheel drive means you have to mind your driving constantly, but on the bright side, I could go slightly sideways in the curves :) (slightly because driving into a ditch was the last thing I wanted). The seats are very comfortable, trunk is huge and I like the interior color. Why don't they make cars with blue interiors now?
    My only complaints about this car is that the suspension could be softer and the clutch pedal is too "long". At first, I had trouble shifting as I had to stretch my leg really hard to depress the clutch, then move it really far back to release it. But I guess I would get used to it if I owned this car.
    It has been two days since I drove it and I already miss it. Will I ever drive it again?

• Like Like x 4
  17. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

My Grandfather described the Honda Civic as a "Pregnant Roller-skate"

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I thought budget was only 2000 euros? Importing a skyline is more like 10-15k

19. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

That is CB slang for a VW bug

20. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

That was the fun car for a friend my brother is looking into buying a car next year for around 10 grand

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice