General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Probably did a bid for it and then nobody else would do that

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Ah, I guess they could have bid on the wrong car by accident.

3. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Trying to raise up the price for the unsuspecting buyer, then accidently becoming the unsuspecting buyer. Full fledged karma (or carma, seeing as he brought a car...) Yeah, that joke sucked

4. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

That's sick normally when my dad get a 500 dollar car the engine blows up or sell it to these dipshit hillbillies we know or both (they are really stupid).

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure how he bought it on accident. He was looking for a car to replace one that got totaled a few weeks ago. He intentionally won a nice Accord for $1800 or something like that, and won the van on accident. The bidding was online, so I'm assuming he placed a test bid to make sure he understood how the bidding works and that it would go through and ended up winning it.
    We got real close to blowing it up. It started losing oil pressure so I checked the oil and the dipstick was dry. Gas station was the only reasonably close place still open so we bought a couple quarts of gas station brand oil and filled it back up. It took 3 quarts and could still use a little more.

• Like Like x 1
  6. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

This Fiesta St-Line Not Focus! :p

Before
    18th July 2017
    Start 8 miles
    IMG_2712.jpg IMG_2724.jpg

After
    Three month later...
    1,000 miles
    IMG_3084.jpg IMG_3086.jpg

7. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Who knew Camrys sounded so good?

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

That sounds just like my dad's 99 Monte Carlo.

9. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

What do people think about the E-Pace? I think it actually looks rather appealing. Im not really into this kind of Crossover/Compact SUV Class, but I cant help but like it:

10. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Its just a tall saloon car for people who like to pretend they have an SUV.

So yeah will sell alright I imagine, I would take any of the 5 door Jaguar range over it though or an estate if I needed the extra space.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Another disgrace to Jaguar brand. Jaguar, manufacturer of fine sports and luxury cars, now makes soccer mom mobiles. (And Land Rover now manufactures a car based on Jaguar's sports sedan).

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I never said I though it fitted into Jaguars lineup, I just think they did a good job on designing it.

13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Jaguar does have a history of making family cars though, so this is them creating a car that meets the needs of modern families. I think it fits within their product line up pretty well.

Personally I would have preferred it if it was 20cm less tall, but I am not the target audience.

14. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

A family car doesn't have to be a compactvan with donk-sized rims and black plastic trim like on 90s base model cars. Jaguar's previous family cars were elegant and stylish wagons, shame they were all discontinued. JLR's business was going well enough, there was no need for crossover monstrosities. Guess it's because new Indian owners don't care about brand heritage, they only care about money. Sales of wagons are falling? Axe them! Donk vans with ugly trim are popular? Add one, no, two, no, three* of them to the lineup!
    *did you forget about the I-Pace?

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

As far as I am aware Jaguar Landrover has essentially full autonomy.

A family car is a car that families buy. If most families are buying cross overs, and families are an audience your brand is supposed to appeal towards, then you should probably be building a cross over if you want your brand to exist in the future.

Jaguar's lineup of vehicles is still predominantly sedan's and estates too. The E-Pace is an entry level vehicle within their brand, so of course it won't be as premium as their high end vehicles.

I would also have to say that given Jaguars heritage looks like this, I am fairly glad they have moved on.

The above car looks like it could be a Chinese knock off.

#8955 aljowen, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Looks like a mix between the Audi Q2, Mercedes AMG styling and the BMW X1 M..... or in other words: god awful

17. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Jaguar's previous wagons were the X-Type (possibly the most criticized Jaguar ever) and the japanese-looking XF Sportsbrake (a textbook case of "too little, too late").

Just a few years ago, Jaguar and Alfa Romeo neglected the wagon market because family cars were considered inappropriate for their sporty heritage.

Now we're mourning their disappearance from both lineups to favor CUVs, yet again considered non-fitting the two marques.

Oh, well....

18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I think one of the issues is that in order to maintain a company of their size you need to appeal to mainstream demand, otherwise you will be forced to make layoffs and downsize in order to become a more niche sporty brand (or go out of business).

19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Right. And they certainly made extensive market research before making such a decision.

This kind of complaints are recurrent, usually from people who can't see the direction progress has taken and adapt. Once, it was wagons, then diesels and now CUVs.

Take a good look at Lotus for an example of where stubbornly sticking to your roots may lead...

As long as Jaguar can broaden their appeal with a new product, it's fine with me. I'll have an F-Type while "soccer moms" get their CUVs.

To each their own, I guess...?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

To each their own? Rich soccer moms get their crossovers, but where is the modern equivalent of X-Type wagon our family wanted? "You don't need that, look at our E-Pace, it has the ground clearance of an 80s sports car, giant rims and super cool plastic trim, so you can dare to go where others can't, go off the paved road...onto your gravel-covered driveway"- that's what their marketers would say. "Nah, we better go for Audi"- that's what we said- and what we did.

I have no problems with Jaguar heritage in the form of S-type. It may be not the most beautiful car ever (though it is one of the best looking retro styled cars in my opinion, but retro styling always adds -50 points to design), but it's comfortable, big windows provide good visibility and relatively high roof provides some head space- the latter two being virtues modern cars can seldom afford.

P.S.: I didn't know they brought the XF Sportbrake back, that's good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice