General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I love coupes and wagons. Hope they make comebacks soon.
    The hubcaps are for aero, it can get you up to 10% farther on one charge IIRC. I think there were a few reasons they kept the alloys underneath though. One they're lighter and stronger, two they want maximum production efficiency so less options means more model 3s built, three they keep a premium look so you can just pop off the aero covers and look nice again.

I think they're even a paid option, but I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I would say that Tesla is somewhat Apple like. However Tesla does seem to be a far more honest and informal company than Apple is. I think a large amount of that is down to Elon Musk and the more relaxed, engineer focused corporate culture that exists.

I think it is going to be interesting to see how they are able to maintain that as the rest of the industry moves towards hybrids and electric vehicles. Tesla has traditionally struggled with fit and finish which is something that is super important to consumers that other brands are very good at. However Tesla does have a robust infrastructure which the other brands lack. Hopefully this will become standardised at some point similar to how traditional fuel pump design is standardised.

One thing that is super interesting is electric Buses. Since they have a large floor span there is huge space for batteries, the routes are also very predictable in terms of length. Not to mention how much quieter they will be for both passengers and people who live in city area's.

3. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Okay I was a retarded and I posted this as a tread and people hated me for doing that so I report my post as "use less" and I'm going to post it here
    Here it is this is a Z32 300ZX a car I really don't like but wow this is bad I know the Documentary (Mischief 3000) this "thing" was from 2002 but that doesn't change how dated and bad this is

4. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

5. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Ah early 2000's I love your mall punk hate your car culture.

6. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

?
    I say, it looks like a ricer

7. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Yeah and the 90's and early 2000's made turning culture a thing in America which in turn made ricers

8. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Oh come on, its not that riced. That is tame.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

I know, japanese cars in the US were ALWAYS Underground 2-ish cars

--- Post updated ---
    I know, japanese cars in the US were ALWAYS Underground 2-ish cars

--- Post updated ---
    FML

10. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Only customized most are boring sedans and crossovers.

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

That is probably because you are an embryo and are too young to remember any different.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

I'm 15 and I can tell the difference between a lot of cars just most Japanese cars in my area (the border between New York and Pennsylvania) are just boring Crossovers and Sedan.
    --- Post updated ---
    Hey don't the Nissan Titan look like a generic modern Truck upload_2017-9-20_19-12-47.jpeg I mean at less the 2004-2015 upload_2017-9-20_19-16-23.jpeg had a very specific design but the 2016 model look like you told someone to design a modern truck.

13. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

14. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

You need to be 6'2" to get it, like me.

15. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Bit of a shame that's getting chopped up for parts, but considering that it most likely won't be used anymore, I doubt the new presenters don't want anything to do with it, so guess that's the only other way. I wonder if all the other creations end up with the same fate. Speaking of that, I wonder if the Indestructible Hilux is still on it's plinth, since I honestly haven't even watched Top Gear ever since Clarkson left. And bit of an interesting note, I see a Ford Expedition towing the trailer with May's Rolls in the last pic of that link.

16. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I fit in wagons and sedans fine and I'm 6'2". Sure compact sedans are a bit small but I don't fit great into CUVs either, even though they're popular now.

17. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I don't fit in any car and I'm 6' 1". :(

Possibly because I'm broader than tall... ;)

18. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I fit into this without a problem and I'm 6'9" (probably one of the only small cars which can do that). Only real problem I face is when I cannot slide my legs underneath the steering wheel.

71888_resized_main.jpg

19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Small cars from PSA and FCA are often criticized for their compromised, "tall" driving position, but they're actually a bliss for oversize people.

I drive a similarly-sized Lancia Ypsilon (846). While height was never really a problem for me, I can sit confortably (relatively speaking...) in one despite my girth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Spotted this AM DB11 tonight
    1.jpg 3.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice