General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Well, at least it fits the character of the vehicle;)
    (remember, this is the same company that named a car after pleasuring oneself XD)
    On the topic of car spotting, saw this a few weeks ago:
    DSC_1126.jpg DSC_1127.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

They made those in sedan form? Crikey, every now & then I find out about a new car I never knew off. This one is certainly a pleasant surprise, that is glorious

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, Skylines have always had a 4 door sedan available (Starting from the Hakosuka, the 2 models before that were sedan only. There was a rebodied coupe in the 1st generation, but the body on those were completely different from the sedan)
    I've compiled a comparison of Skyline sedan and coupe body styles from C10 to R34 for your viewing pleasure^^
    Skylines.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Must say I am quite fond of the sedans, possibly might even say I like them better than the 2 doors.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Our town had its annual "Lost in the 50s" parade recently and I saw something that I never knew existed. Apparently Studebaker made pickups, and even dually pickups.
    25454305853_182147179f.jpg DSCF3267.jpg
    The one I saw had the color scheme of the left image but closer to the older bodystyle of the image on the right and the letters on the tailgate were white as well. Pretty cool.
    There were some other cool cars and some repeats that come every year, and then there were the idiots that brought their 80s to early 2000s "muscle cars" to what is supposed to be a classic car show.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Bought my first car today with my father (50/50). It is a bronze/orange, 1998(same as me so a good year :p) 1.6 mx-5 in a great condition.
    Can't wait until next Saturday when we can pick it up.

7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You lucky bastard xD

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

The Skylines have always been an mid level luxury sedan the GTR's are the just a Japanese equivalent to a muscle car.
    So yeah the new Skylines are real Skylines no matter how much your fanboy mind think its not.
    You could almost say that the early Skylines are a Japanese equivalent to the Humber Super snipe or higher level Rovers.

9. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

If any body wants to win a roof-top tent, or just wants to make me more likely to win it, you should click this link.

10. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

I just purchased my first-fully owned car! A 2011 Honda Civic SI. Its quite a nippy car, but the one downfall it has is a lack of power- its the Australian version so it rocks a 1.8L 4 cylinder, naturally aspirated... I will be doing some things to rectify this, so stay tuned :) I was looking for a reasonably cheap, sensible, and RELIABLE daily, which I could have some fun in, and this ticked all the boxes! managed to snatch her up for only 11 grand, as well... What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

• aa30736f3f07540e68d886ad06b3acbe.jpg
    • 9c66228f98237fa86e08ac0df3059470.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on the car man, she looks really clean!
    Though if you're looking at power...

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I will eventually consider charging my engine, but for now I will aim for something a bit more achievable, like a new exhaust system and an ECU tune. My knowledge of car mechanics is really lacking, and I think ill need to do some studying before I go putting a turbo in my car ;)

13. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Crikey that's rare over here. I've seen one of them in my entire life, I think it was a red Type-R I saw.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, It was one of the only Honda cars manufactured in England at the time, and this meant that the car was 30 grand new... Who spends 30 grand on a civic :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

On a naturally aspirated engine, particularly one that new, your gains from exhaust and ECU tune will be negligible

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

You could buy a Mitsubishi Lancer for around the same money. The Lancers are really popular over here in New Zealand.

17. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

18. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Bloody ridiculous how long we have to wait for a Bronco, its like Ford thinks they're Rockstar Games

• Like Like x 1
  19. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Let's hope it doesn't turn out like this monstrosity.
    2020-Ford-Bronco.jpg

20. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

I'm almost certain they said it's going to be Ranger based, so It won't actually be a Bronco, it'll be a Bronco II, so basically they'll be re-introducing the 2 door Explorer.

Until they bring out something will solid axles and a removable top again, I'll remain unimpressed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice