General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Remember that 69 350 we pulled out a few days ago? Well my buddy rebuilt it, but now he's thinking of going with a big block he's got lying around. So I might "borrow" that 350 for a while while I piece together everything for the LS swap.

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well, thanks to that hyperlink I have just remembered that Donington Park exists and found out they have public transport links. With train tickets only being around £8 return plus £10 return bus fares. That's not too bad.

3. Brett

Brett
    Expand Collapse

From what I understand its incredibly easy to do it with a 1999-2003ish era 5.3.
    http://lt1swap.com/2000harness.htm
    But with that, you wont have an aluminum engine block and vvt.

Ive really been wanting to tackle a vortec swap into an old squarebody, then use a ZF-s650 transmission behind a 5.3/6.0.

4. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Some guy just bought this in the US for 28k
    UsFalcon1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Why thou? Its worth 5k tops. If it was say a really nice XA or XB I could understand, but an XE. you gotta be joking!

I wonder how much you guys would pay for my grandmothers old Astra.

Whattheactualfuck?!
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/ford/auction-1310181369.htm
    dam you ford nuts have gone crazy!

Meanwhile in the sad land of V3000 prices.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/mitsubishi/auction-1311034886.htm

6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

No idea what that is either, If I squint really hard it looks a bit like a four door foxbody Mustang.

I've also looked into using a 4 barrel and an MSD box, which would cost around $500, but I could have it running 15 minutes after I get it in the truck.

I've read several threads that belong to people who did it, and most of them really haven't had any problems with the wiring, it still just seems like quite an undertaking to me.

7. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

XE Ford Falcon with the crackpipeiest of prices.

Just because they stopped making them last year doesn't give you a card that allows you to ask high prices.
    Hey they don't make Australian Mitsubishi cars anymore but do you see people asking high prices for their Magnas?

#6747 ktheminecraftfan, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  8. Brett

Brett
    Expand Collapse

I agree, wiring is by no means my strong point. I don't see why you would use a carburetor instead of just a regular truck intake? But thats probably just me and my hatred of carburetors.

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to use the stock truck intake and efi, but by the time I figure out the wiring harness, I could have had it in the truck with a carb, gotten bored with it, pulled it out, and have it back in with a more aggressive cam and broken the 10 bolt rear.

10. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  11. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

*cough*

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

5K, really, even thats a bit generous. Like you said later, just because they stopped making them doesn't make it worth more. Maybe for old holdens (which actually have some history to them) you could ask that much but a shitty falcon, no.

Oh and i see one of those everyday in white, not sure if its and XE or XF but it sounds worse than a stock civic with a fart can, and we all know how shit they sound.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Considering that Falcon doesn't seem as valuable as it seems, I've seen Nissan Skyline GT-Ts or base models going for almost roughly the same price in the States because apparently, "imported cars must be more valuable" or something like that, though I know there's some places that you can find these cars picked up for roughly 10-15k at best.

14. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

How much would you guys pay for a 1988 Mitsubishi V3000 if someone imported one over there?

15. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Considering that car was badged as a Sigma in the US, probably not much, though still probably will go as high as 10k

• Like Like x 2
  16. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

It had a diffrent engine to the sigma over there. a 3.0 instead of a 2.0 .
    --- Post updated ---
    That's different as that vehicle has Motorsport pedigree and they made them in tiny numbers.
    Oh and Brock drove it so it now has "bogan tax" on top of the price.

17. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Supply and demand. There are very few Skylines in the US, which means any Skyline imported to the US is going to be worth more than it would in its original market.
    This also applies to the Falcon, although, from what the rest of you are saying, it seems like he got ripped off

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GLion

GLion
    Expand Collapse

19. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

found some pictures from a 2014 car show on my camera when transferring everything over
    IMG_7307.jpg IMG_7309.jpg IMG_7317.jpg IMG_7316.jpg IMG_7329.jpg IMG_7337.jpg IMG_7274.jpg IMG_7285.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

AC in the turbo is fixed. Now I need to get my hands on the parts I need for a turbo ignition and I can crank up the boost...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice